New woodworking workbench
Just finished workbench. I would guess it took me about six weeks off and on to get it built once I started.  Add another few weeks getting materials and creating plans.  This is totally my own design.  I’m a lefty so I built it with a left hand design.  Placement and installation of the vises proved to be the biggest challenge.  Locating and drilling all the bench dog holes proved to the the least enjoyable part and seemed like it took forever.

The top is 8/4 maple. The base/legs are KD douglas fir.  I can’t remember where I bought the vises from since the were purchased some time ago and languished in the shop.  The legs are bolted together with through bolts much like bed bolts. The top is attached with lag bolts with elongated holes to accommodate seasonal changes.  All the stretchers in the base are in 3/8” mortises into the legs to prevent twisting and add to rigidity of the base.

I finally got to put it to use for the first time today making some cutting boards for Christmas.  It sure is nice to have a woodworking bench after years of using a generic workbench.

Here's couple pictures, all the build pictures are here: 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146257472@...0350438855

[Image: 23891607407_6471eb01bc_z.jpg]
[Image: 26980677189_40ebfc9015_z.jpg]
I like it. Nice work.
Wood is good. 

Cool bench.
Ag
What casters are those and where did you source them? (Really nice, BTW)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thumbs Up 
That's one beautiful workbench. 
Yes
Cool
Very Nice... beautiful.  I plan to add another bench to my shop in the coming year.  Gotta finish all the gifts for the family first. 
Yes
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
nicely done!
That ought to work nicely....
Yes
Yes

Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(12-02-2017, 06:52 AM)fredhargis Wrote: What casters are those and where did you source them? (Really nice, BTW)

I ordered them from Rockler some time ago.  They were on the old bench that got replaced.
you did a beautiful job,looks great.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member