Drywall screw setter
I have a relatively small sq footage of drywall to hang (about 200 sq ft), so I'm not going to buy a dedicated screw gun just for that. So which spring-loaded drywall screw-setter attachment for my drill/driver? The more expensive Bosch "Dimpler?" Cheap DeWalt? Really cheap store brand? In other words, do the more expensive ones (which are still pretty cheap in the grand scheme) make a diff? Thanks!
These are fine for your job.  You'll have a couple left spare.  Start slow and you'll quickly get the hang of it.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(12-03-2017, 12:57 PM)blackhat Wrote: These are fine for your job.  You'll have a couple left spare.  Start slow and you'll quickly get the hang of it.

Yep, that is what I use.  They work great.  I have done a couple of houses with them.

I have also hung without the dimpler.  Just sneak it in the last bit.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(12-03-2017, 12:57 PM)blackhat Wrote: These are fine for your job.  You'll have a couple left spare.  Start slow and you'll quickly get the hang of it.

(12-03-2017, 01:17 PM)Cecil Wrote: Yep, that is what I use.  They work great.  I have done a couple of houses with them.

+1
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I have a Milwaukee Screw Shooter---a dedicated drywall screw gun.

I have a handful of the dimplers(like Blackhat listed).

I use the dimplers mostly.

Reason? When I was supervising volunteers installing sheetrock, those dimplers and cordless drills(not sure about using cordless impact drivers) were the best setup possible. It took me about 3 minutes to show folks how to use them and the only problems experienced was failure to fully sink the head---which was easily fixed.

The screw shooter is faster, but takes more practice and coordination.
Thanks all!
(12-03-2017, 01:17 PM)Cecil Wrote: Yep, that is what I use.  They work great.  I have done a couple of houses with them.

I tried sneaking up on the last turns in the other bathroom remodel. I'm terrible at sneaking (broke through more than once...)! So this time, I'll get the bit :-)
(12-04-2017, 11:40 AM)elinourrumming Wrote: I tried sneaking up on the last turns in the other bathroom remodel. I'm terrible at sneaking (broke through more than once...)! So this time, I'll get the bit :-)

If you happen on a flea market before the job starts, those dedicated drywall drills (corded) are a dime a dozen, I literally pass on them for $10 each, well used but still servicable; must be the guys in the trade are moving to cordless.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(12-04-2017, 11:40 AM)elinourrumming Wrote: I tried sneaking up on the last turns in the other bathroom remodel. I'm terrible at sneaking (broke through more than once...)! So this time, I'll get the bit :-)

I'm actually better at the sneaking than I am with a dimpler, but then I've been hanging drywall since I was about 12.  If dimplers or dedicated screw guns existed back then, we didn't use them.
Related question to this thread.

Has anyone ever seen a dimpler with a longer shank and the notch so you could put it insert it into your impact driver and keep it there?

I've never seen a dimpler with the notch, but it puzzles me as to why not. 1/4" cordless impact wrenches have been around 10 years. Can we not get a dimpler that fits them?

Are 90% of the people putting up drywall with dedicated screw guns, corded drills, or hammer & nails, and therefore there's no market for a dimpler with a notched shank?

What gives?