bed frame
hi all - have not posted much work here in quite awhile - but wanted to share this one. a single bed frame done for my grand daughter. the head and foot board are currently being shown in a local gallery - to see if it will bring about a commission or 2.
the main wood is bubinga. the marquetry center panel is my "take" of a fabric print by swedish artist josef frank. marquetry done using the double bevel technique.
the surround is big leaf maple, the background is black oak and there's just lots of different woods for the birds, flowers, tree. the finish is 7-8 coats of padded shellac, 3 coats of lacquer, and then wax.
thanks for looking
jerry

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like it would require a custom mattress.

Alright, that is just gorgeous.
A maze ing.

Stunning piece. Very unique, great craftsmanship.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Very nicely done. I'm thinking you are going to be a favorite Grandpa
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
WOW!!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
wow!! 
Big eek
Very very nice !
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
very nice ! indeed
Cool
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
One question -- why does the footboard not have a rail at the height of the side rails? Just curious. I usually see the mattress boxed in on all 4 sides.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site