Replace sprinklerhead with a dowel in winter?
Is it possible some of the damage is just from snow shove? The plow doesn’t always have to hit something, the snow they’re pushing can be quite a force.
(12-04-2017, 09:59 PM)mikefm101 Wrote: A few more years and we are moving south, probably Rhode Island.  Wife and I want to get closer to the water, and get less snow.  I also want a shorter driveway.  

Mike

Where do you live now that Rhode Island is south and will give you less snow??!!

Most folf that move south for less snow move to at least south of the Mason-Dixon line.
put this in the corner and problem solved.
or, is it possible to not plow so close to the edge? i plowed for a commercial company for a winter. the boss made it clear i was not to be plowing to the edge of the drive. plow companies are responsible for damage.

Attached Files Image(s)

Pull the head out, place an empty tin can upside down over the tee so it remains well below ground. In spring remove can and replace head. Dont overthink this.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(12-04-2017, 04:35 PM)woodhead Wrote: Move the head!
Rolleyes

Al

Yes
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(12-05-2017, 11:30 AM)blackhat Wrote: Pull the head out, place an empty tin can upside down over the tee so it remains well below ground. In spring remove can and replace head. Dont overthink this.

I like this one the best.
John T.
(12-05-2017, 11:30 AM)blackhat Wrote: Pull the head out, place an empty tin can upside down over the tee so it remains well below ground. In spring remove can and replace head. Dont overthink this.

I think that solves the issue...nice idea and thanks.

It warmed up a bit so may dig it out this weekend.

Mike
(12-05-2017, 09:12 AM)crokett™ Wrote: Where do you live now that Rhode Island is south and will give you less snow??!!

Most folf that move south for less snow move to at least south of the Mason-Dixon line.

North central Massachusetts.  Maybe 20 minutes from the New Hampshire border.

Boston is 55 miles southeast.

Boston has a warmer climate just due to being near the Atlantic.  Where I am it is a higher latitude and elevation, and colder, than Boston.  It will be snowing here and raining in Boston.  We have had snowstorms as early as October and as late as April.   

Rhode Island, depending how far down Naragansset Bay you go, is 90 minutes to 2.5 hours South. Their spring and fall are each a full month longer than ours.  They do not get the snow we do, or if they do it melts a lot faster.   I've started sailing again now that the kids are older and Naragansett Bay is terrific sailing/boating - but need to buy the boat first :-)

A good friend of ours grew up in Fort Kent, ME.  Right on the Canadian border, it is about as far North as you can go  in the lower 48 states.  When her parents retired they moved South....to Portland, ME.  It's all relative I guess.

Mike