Megan and PWW
Looks like Megan is moving on.. all the best Megan!

https://rudemechanicalspress.wordpress.c...a-changin/
Skip

(12-06-2017, 09:41 AM)Skip J. Wrote: Looks like Megan is moving on.. all the best Megan!

https://rudemechanicalspress.wordpress.c...a-changin/

A loss for PW, indeed.  Megan, best of luck to you in your new endeavors!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
She better get work with good public exposure, or I will miss Megan. Hear that, Chris?
(12-06-2017, 11:27 AM)hbmcc Wrote: She better get work with good public exposure, or I will miss Megan. Hear that, Chris?
OK Bruce, you asked for it..

Scroll down to see what Chris said

what Chris said
Skip

Wow! I hate to see her go, but I know PWW will continue without her. I always enjoyed seeing her writing (and occasionally pointing out a typo that she had missed).

For example, I hope her departure doesn't have anything to do with the flubbed headline on the cover of the last issue, which read "hew a traditional froe" instead "hew a traditional froe club." Two rather different tools, there...
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Who'd a thunk that a postgraduate English major who began her PWW career as a copy editor (I think) would have ascended to the heights she did at PWW?  Best of wishes to you Megan.

I wonder if this is PWW moving in a different direction, and if so, is the the direction an accelerated decline into mediocrity or, worst yet, oblivion? Perhaps an article in the not-to-distant future will be how to make one's own coffin.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-06-2017, 06:02 PM)AHill Wrote: Who'd a thunk that a postgraduate English major who began her PWW career as a copy editor (I think) would have ascended to the heights she did at PWW?  Best of wishes to you Megan.

I wonder if this is PWW moving in a different direction, and if so, is the the direction an accelerated decline into mediocrity or, worst yet, oblivion?  Perhaps an article in the not-to-distant future will be how to make one's own coffin.

I wonder if the current decision to shutter WIA was made by the bean counters trying to pinch pennies. I remember her writing recently how much she loved her job so for her to leave so abruptly comes as a shock. I wish her the best. She's a class act.
Thanks everyone! I took today off for the most part, but tomorrow, I'm diving into the Woodworking Hobo Lifestyle. You've not seen the last of me...in fact, I'll now have time to actually build stuff again!
Good luck, Megan.
She did a good job. I hope she enjoys her next act.