Fuel Stabilizer
(12-08-2017, 04:00 PM)Admiral Wrote: You can often find it at general aviation airports, mostly at 100 octane.

Don't even think about 100LL (low lead) from the airport.  It has more lead in it than mogas ever had.  It is designed for airplane engines with their unique requirements only.
Stabil year around in gasoline. Small engines Ive gone to no ethanol gas in summer and winter I buy the premixed gas for chain saws and I run it in last tank on all others
Watch your fingers!!

(12-13-2017, 05:34 AM)marshall45 Wrote: Don't even think about 100LL (low lead) from the airport.  It has more lead in it than mogas ever had.  It is designed for airplane engines with their unique requirements only.

It leaves lots of residue build up in the cylinder head as well. Runs great for a while...
More & more I'm becoming a believer in doing a complete fuel system drain in the off season.

Put fresh e-free in the snowblower, first pull, the pos mtd 2 stroke took 3 with fresh fuel.....  
Big Grin

My now gone atv mechanic was adamant about a full fuel drain, in the spring, my 30 year old Yamaha starts like it was ran the day before.

Ed
Per our local equipment center, they recommend using ethanol free gas. Regular gas contains approx. 10% ethanol which will break down rubber rings and tubes, diaphragm gaskets, etc in small engines. As a result there are performance issues, shortened lifespan, more required repairs, etc. Viton seals, gaskets, rings, tubes, etc. are often the most recommend to be used with ethanol based fuels.