New Rough Cut coming in Spring 2018
Anyone happen to notice in the back pages of the newest Fine Woodworking that the program Rough Cut will be airing this coming spring?

Apparently sponsored by FWW (and others) to be featuring new host Tom McLaughlin.  I’ve seen his outstanding work in past episodes of Rough Cut.  Nice to see that the program is continuing.
So, they're replacing Tommy Mac with ... Tommy Mac?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I wonder if Tommy Mac decided to leave or was asked to leave.

I know he talked fast, but I loved his enthusiasm.

He is also a very good woodworker.

On his website, he bares his soul about his sister's unsolved murder.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(12-08-2017, 09:15 PM)AHill Wrote: So, they're replacing Tommy Mac with ...  Tommy Mac?

They're replacing Tommy Mac with Tom Mc

They should replace him with David Marks
Mclaughin did some episodes with McDonald and he really has a good TV personality. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
T Mac #1 has a Facebook page if you're into that kinda stuff I've been told he goes over reasons in there. The short story is he doesn't like doing production woodworking, and the show was an endless production, evidently it wore him out, and he wanted to move on to other pursuits. This I have heard from a few sources who would have known him, and maybe even did what he was doing.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(12-09-2017, 10:16 AM)Steve N Wrote: T Mac #1 has a Facebook page if you're into that kinda stuff I've been told he goes over reasons in there. The short story is he doesn't like doing production woodworking, and the show was an endless production, evidently it wore him out, and he wanted to move on to other pursuits. This I have heard from a few sources who would have known him, and maybe even did what he was doing.

I heard David Marks say basically the same thing.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
(12-09-2017, 10:16 AM)Steve N Wrote: T Mac #1 has a Facebook page if you're into that kinda stuff I've been told he goes over reasons in there. The short story is he doesn't like doing production woodworking, and the show was an endless production, evidently it wore him out, and he wanted to move on to other pursuits. This I have heard from a few sources who would have known him, and maybe even did what he was doing.

For sure, any work on TV production is exhausting.  There's a deadline, you gotta make at least 2 of whatever is being filmed, and it ain't over 'til it's over.  OTOH, Tommy Mac may never have gotten the exposure he had from his TV show and no doubt, his class schedule and student participation has been tremendously boosted due to the show.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-09-2017, 01:39 PM)AHill Wrote: For sure, any work on TV production is exhausting.  There's a deadline, you gotta make at least 2 of whatever is being filmed, and it ain't over 'til it's over.  OTOH, Tommy Mac may never have gotten the exposure he had from his TV show and no doubt, his class schedule and student participation has been tremendously boosted due to the show.

He had quite the following from You Tube videos, and other pursuits online. He had extensively promoted himself similar to Stumpy Nubs, and Marc Spagnuolo. What I heard is a clamor for more of him, was what attracted PBS to his doorstep, rather than him auditioning to get the part. He probably did get additional exposure, sure national TV will do that but he was as well known as Schwarz, with infinitely more talent. If not for being a member here, and for readers of Pop Woodworking Schwarz is like me when people were going on about Paul Sellers. A lot of Huh, who????????
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
He had a good run and the shows were good. None of these shows offer enough time to do the project justice.

While he wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea we all have to realize any woodworking show is good and we all should support it. Todd Phillips makes watching paint drying exciting but if I see it’s on I watch because once these shows are gone that’s it.
Don