Kudos - Brian (Holbren)
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m new to this forum, but I’d like to pass along my recent experience with Brian at Holbren.

I read a number of posts which referenced Brian before contacting him for an estimate on Byrd cutters for my Jet 6” jointer and DW735 planer.  He responded immediately.

He told me he had a couple of recent returns for two cutter heads which met my needs. He gave me an incredible price for both and promised, “Whatever it takes, I’ll make it right.” Sure, I thought, who hasn’t heard that before. Well, he was a man of his word.

I got the two cutter heads within days; the jointer head was just perfect; installed with no problems. The planer head, not so much. The head was too long; it didn’t appear to fit at all. After exchanging emails and pictures of the cutter head, we were able to determine the part had been mismarked and was not the right piece for a DW735. Brian reiterated his commitment to “make it right,” telling me he’d ship me a new cutter head when they became available (approximately five weeks).

Slightly less than five weeks later, a new cutter head arrived (it even included the optional bearings).

Many thanks to Brian (and to those of you who have purposely or inadvertently complimented his professionalism and support).
(12-09-2017, 09:39 AM)TadMcD Wrote: As I’ve mentioned before, I’m new to this forum, but I’d like to pass along my recent experience with Brian at Holbren.

I read a number of posts which referenced Brian before contacting him for an estimate on Byrd cutters for my Jet 6” jointer and DW735 planer.  He responded immediately.

He told me he had a couple of recent returns for two cutter heads which met my needs. He gave me an incredible price for both and promised, “Whatever it takes, I’ll make it right.” Sure, I thought, who hasn’t heard that before. Well, he was a man of his word.

I got the two cutter heads within days; the jointer head was just perfect; installed with no problems. The planer head, not so much. The head was too long; it didn’t appear to fit at all. After exchanging emails and pictures of the cutter head, we were able to determine the part had been mismarked and was not the right piece for a DW735. Brian reiterated his commitment to “make it right,” telling me he’d ship me a new cutter head when they became available (approximately five weeks).

Slightly less than five weeks later, a new cutter head arrived (it even included the optional bearings).

Many thanks to Brian (and to those of you who have purposely or inadvertently complimented his professionalism and support).

Thanks for reporting the positive.  I appreciate hearing the negative, so I know who to avoid, but it is just as important to know who to do business with.

It is best if one strives to get it right the first time.  I am sure Brain does this.  I have never had a problem with an order from Brain (mostly Whiteside).  However, we all know that no matter how hard we try to get it right, sometimes we fall short.  It is great to know someone who stands by their product.  On the forum, I have read this many times about Brian.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
A lot of satisfied customers here. I am one of them.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Holbren is a super company to do business with.
I recently bought a Byrd head for my Jet 12” combo from Brian. I was very impressed at the speed he got it to me and the communication. Great guy to deal with.
-Marc

(12-10-2017, 06:45 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: Great guy to deal with.

+1
I bought mainly Whiteside from him.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

A great dealer and friend. Brian is one of the good guys.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(12-09-2017, 10:26 AM)Steve N Wrote: A lot of satisfied customers here. I am one of them.

Me too.
Ag
(12-09-2017, 09:39 AM)TadMcD Wrote: As I’ve mentioned before, I’m new to this forum, but I’d like to pass along my recent experience with Brian at Holbren.