Asking for helpful suggestions in selling my table saw
I always give an address to meet. It's a Hardees about 6 minutes from my house.  If they look like they have a crack pipe in their pocket I don't bring them back home.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Unless the item is just too big for the wife and I to move, we meet craigslist buyers away from home, and they pay in cash, regardless of the cost of the item.
We sold a $3,000 sea kayak that way, and the buyer was a bit concerned about the cash. "No worries," I told him...
Here in our small town, we meet in a certain bank parking lot. "It's really easy to find," I tell them, "It's right beside the sheriff's office."
In my old work county... "Just meet me in the lobby of the PD."

I finished my instructions with... "safer for both of us."

Funny, the scammers hung up right after sheriffs office or pd.... lol.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Good info above on CL..I too urge caution..A phone conversation a good first step...If needed, meet in public place,
Jerry
Ive sold around $50-55k worth of tools on craigslist, this year. Youll get the usual scammer messages, but a few quick texts or a phone call will rule thise people out. Put a fair price, some decent pictures, and 'your rules of engagement' I.E. no calls or texts besides 9am-9pm. Cash only. No holds, etc.

Everyone needs to get a few bucks off asking price, or extras included.. so account for that when listing. Best of luck.
My Day Job
well, bye.
I would assemble the saw if at all possible. New potential buyer will feel something is wrong with it if you had it apart. Be very descriptive of its condition and list any and all issues with it, even if they are simple issues like "top has typical scratches from use" List what type of use/work this saw has seen- hobby shop/small shop/commercial shop . Clarify the electrical requirements 110v 1ph...? List it everywhere you can, start locally and then expand out if no bites. I have sold many pieces on Craigslist but i always expect a little bs along with. Don't make any special arrangements with buyers you do not know unless they are from a forum like this one and you can look back thru some history on them. Talk to the potential buyer on the phone to gauge the interest. Like other have stated, build in a little cushion into your price so there is a little room for the buyer to negotiate. Hope this helps

Kenny
You might try "offerup" or "letgo"
I have had better luck with both of those than CL (recently), but I do more purchasing than selling...
I would strongly recommend you have someone with you during any transaction...
Get a temp google voice number and turn off when done. They are free.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(12-11-2017, 07:37 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: Over here in Texas, 5 hours is a fairly regular occurrence... heck, sometimes that's just the next closest major city...

Hahaha - that's funny!
A medical issue delayed until now answering and thanking those who replied.

Thanks All!

Shall now make more of an effort to sell this saw -- and other hand tools in the garage that I will never use again.

Beachcomber Bob
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink
If it's made in the US you can list it on OWWM.org
chris