Suggestions needed for a cabinet top

Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-11-2017, 01:55 PM)cpolubin Wrote: I'm designing a small cabinet for my SIL's home office that will hold a printer on top, the cpu on a shelf and printing paper on the bottom. Dimension will be 22" wide, 24" deep and 28" high.

The table will be in the space below.

The cabinet will be cherry which brings me to my question. Since cherry darkens with light and there will be a printer on top, I thought it would be good to have something else on the top besides cherry so it doesn't get a shadow. A leather or cork pad, for example, or some type of veneer or inlay.

What would you suggest?

Cliff

Here's one I made about 10 years ago for a rather small cabinet using laminated ash, about 1.5" thick and 20" long. It has lasted and lasted and lasted...

Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.