Uh Oh...
Sometimes there is an industrial accident...
Grumpy stuck his hand in the bandsaw after the adjustments to that left hand didn't work out so well. 
Uhoh

Luckily there was a scrap from the project in the bin the right size, some spray temp glue, and always have extra copies of the pics.
Extra hand, coming up.  Six million dollar Grumpy?  The new hand, better than the old one.

I did the rounding, the sanding, worked on the new hand, and called him acceptable.  Recognizing that Grumpy was as good as Grumpy was going to get.  Hey... it is my second attempt at Carving.  Perhaps I should have gone with Intarsia? LOL.

Thanks again for the input... the letters require NO carving.. cut them out and sand them.. and we are DONE.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Nice save, its looking really good.
Yes
Why the hate on grumpy? What did he do to you to make you chop his hand off? Man, that was cruel and I hope Grumpy's wife comes along and pokes your dog with a toothpick.

Your shaping of the outline is coming along nicely. Are you going to define it a bit more or is this your stopping point?
That looks amazing!
Looking good. When's the finish date?
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-12-2017, 07:09 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: That looks amazing!

Agreed!
Ag
Who needs a sawstop when you have Titebond?
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Tynyyn,

I was trying to reshape the left hand which looked a lot like a catchers mit. I needed to reshape the thumb and the fingers to clarify the hand. Thumb looked short, fingers got out of shape. I decided to convert it to a closed fist. Sheesh. Didn't work either. Looked like an odd shaped stump. Intarsia solution.

I don't plan to go any farther than this, with my skill level. Grumpy will serve his purpose. Later... with more practice... I might carve another.
Jim in Okie
Worked on the lettering today, more chisel work as I decided to carve out the interior portions of the letters, rather than cut them on the scroll saw. This will give the letters more structural strength.  Enjoyed the sessions at the bench, and when all was said and done, I laid out the front of the toy box with the box laying on it's back.  I think it turned out pretty well.  I will have to go to the hardware store and see if I can find some long thin finish nails or brass brads.  Not chancing the air brad nailer, would probably split the letters.

I could probably glue and weight the pieces and be fine, but why risk it.  A couple brads per component and I'd have a bit of added security over just glue. 
Wink
Jim in Okie

Laugh
Laugh

Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."