Estate Sale find - Laguna BS
A large bandsaw has been on the wishlist for years now.  I've found some ok deals on craigslist in the past but they usually sell pretty quick.  This weekend I finally got to cross it off the list when I found a decent deal on Laguna LT 16 HD at a estate sale this weekend.  I haven't plugged it in yet (still waiting for 220 plug to arrive) but it's pretty good shape and even comes with a Laguna drift master fence.  I guess there are (is ?) different variations of this saw.  This seems like it was made in 2008, in Italy, and has a 4.5HP Baldor motor.  A buddy of mine who actually help me get this beast home, has the bigger brother to this saw.  His 18" bs has the mobility kit and lent it to me to move it around.  I'll probably buy or maybe even try and make one in the future.    Only slight flaws are a cracked housing for the wiring in the back (but it looks easy to replace) and a little rust on the table :
Smile  Ok alot of rust, but pitting seems to be a minimal.   That and the tires may need to be replaced.  Overall I'm quite happy with it so far.  Thing is heavy and pretty well built.  Hopefully it runs as well as it looks.  Oh and I paid $850

Is it advised to take out tension on the blade when not in use on the large bs.  I've never done it on my 14" and it seems to be fine but not sure if it's different for larger ones.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great find. I have that exact saw and love it. The mobile base works great, easy to move. The manual says to remove blade tension when not being used. I only have 1 blade for the saw the resaw king. This saw does a great job making thin cuts on wide boards. I think you will enjoy this saw.
Building My Dream Shop In North West Montana
If you need a owner manual let me know and I can get mine copied.
Building My Dream Shop In North West Montana
Cousin to my MM16. Good saw.
Yes, remove band tension. I took a scrap board and marked *Blade loose* with a sharpie and leave it on the table to remind myself the blade is de-tensioned.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-13-2017, 07:31 PM)lift mechanic 2 Wrote: If you need a owner manual let me know and I can get mine copied.

I'll see if I can find an online version but if not I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks.
I have a similar saw (Meber/Laguna 16)

You'll be amazed at how much more power that saw has over your 14"
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
Great buy right there. That is $550 and a fence!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Great buy, you did very well!
Yes
Yes
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Great find, you'll enjoy the quality.

Oh, since nobody else has said this, "You suck!"
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks guys.  When replacing the tires do you suggest sticking with rubber or going with Urethane?