free shipping
If you go to LV website,on the left side,customer service,under that it says shipping.It gives you all of their shipping information,rates and delivery times.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(12-16-2017, 07:21 AM)Greg Jones Wrote: As another point of clarification, I never made it out to be anything. Why would you say that I expressed an opinion on a relationship of order size and customer value?

"They probably won't miss a persons business that only orders  99 cent hinge."

If you did not mean what this statement means to me, then it is all fine now with the clarification.

Simon
(12-16-2017, 09:23 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Now why would a company offer free shipping, without a bottom limit threshhold? 

Don't know why but some do. Google "58 Stores that ALWAYS Offer Free Shipping with No Minimums."

Free shipping is like free lunch, it is part of a marketing scheme to encourage (virtual) visits. I don't know why people get excited when free shipping is offered; if something is exciting to you, that saving of $15 or even $20 shouldn't be a deciding factor, at least not to me.

Of course, it is never wrong to save, especially when an extra effort is not needed. But I have come across people here and elsewhere say they can't order XYZ now until the free shipping event is on. If I need something for a project, I would rather skip lunch than to wait ??? weeks if not months to get what I want. As Chris Schwarz jokes, I could even prefer to sell blood now for a tool I really wanted than wait.

Simon
(12-16-2017, 11:29 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: "They probably won't miss a persons business that only orders  99 cent hinge."

If you did not mean what this statement means to me, then it is all fine now with the clarification.

Simon

That was not me that said that.
It was me, that said it.
I make a wish list of things I need from LV.The nearest store to me is over an hours drive one way,one way.Gas would cost me more than shipping so I wait for free shipping,don't need anything that fast.

Mel
(12-14-2017, 08:21 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: Guy just joined today and only reason I see was to crap on LV. Rob Lee treats everyone with the utmost respect.Look at what he does for the auction. Strokes77,you have got it right.

Mel

I'm not sure how you can make the leap to that association.  
Rolleyes 

He coulda joined for any number of reasons and saw a post he wanted to comment on.  He had a gripe, he posted it.
Well, I just came from the shop, was using the new miter shooting plane I got from LV, during recent "dent and scratch" sale (can't find a mark on it), and what a comfortable plane it is (just had to post this).

LV is not a company to fling crap at, there May be other tool vendors out there that might deserve some (however, can't think of one at the moment!). LV is one of the most customer centric operations, bar none. Anyone want to avoid shipping costs? Slide down to the local borg and see the junk you'll get.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(12-16-2017, 08:20 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: I make a wish list of things I need from LV.The nearest store to me is over an hours drive one way,one way.Gas would cost me more than shipping so I wait for free shipping,don't need anything that fast.

Mel

An hour away? Thousands of woodworkers, probably more, would love to trade places with you!

Many people commute to work and have to spend 45 minutes or more on the road one way every day.

Simon
(12-17-2017, 10:32 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: An hour away? Thousands of woodworkers, probably more, would love to trade places with you!

Many people commute to work and have to spend 45 minutes or more on the road one way every day.

Simon

If they want to trade I am willing.Don't think they would be so happy with our high gas prices,much more than what you pay in the US.

Mel