free shipping
(12-17-2017, 08:08 AM)KC Wrote: I'm not sure how you can make the leap to that association.  
Rolleyes 

He coulda joined for any number of reasons and saw a post he wanted to comment on.  He had a gripe, he posted it.

Yes he could have joined for any number of reasons.But seems odd that the very day he joins he posts about tearing a strip off LV when he could have just as easily checked their shipping rates and maybe called to see if he could get a lower rate..I didn't leap to any conclusion.I read what I read.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
No such thing as free shipping.
That cost is divided amongst all the products they sell.
They also know a great percentage of people who are attracted to the free shipping or "on sale" price will buy another item at regular price while they are shopping.  Want bits for that new drill?

In the case of the hinge- someone has to take the order, file the sale, make the invoice for pulling it from the shelf, pay someone to pull it from the shelf, package it, get it on the truck, drive the truck to it distribution, deliver it to a specific address, warranty the part and possibly provide free replacement if it is the wrong item or it is damaged including shipping two ways. File the paperwork for a factory replacement, pay taxes and file it and so on.......
 I wouldn't do all that for 15 bucks.

But I agree, 15 bucks sure makes it a buy killer.  
Raised

Things delivered by Truck is Shipment- Things delivered by Ship is Cargo.  
No
(12-14-2017, 09:45 AM)MartyRA Wrote: LV really ticked me off a few years ago when I was going to order a simple little 3" piano hinge for 99 cents then wanted to tack on $15 for shipping.

This gets 4 Pinocchio's!  LV's shipping for orders up to $20 is $7.95, not $15
Rolleyes
Bob
(12-17-2017, 03:04 PM)BobW Wrote: This gets 4 Pinocchio's!  LV's shipping for orders up to $20 is $7.95, not $15
Rolleyes

Which part of the world is this guy located? I am not familiar with shipping to overseas.

Simon
Bob W is right about the shipping cost.Like most,the guy never listed a location.I think it should be a mandatory part of signing up.Not like anyone is going to visit.

Mel
(12-17-2017, 04:53 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: Bob W is right about the shipping cost.Like most,the guy never listed a location.I think it should be a mandatory part of signing up.Not like anyone is going to visit.

Mel

Only reason I don't is b/c I can't  (tried twice) seem to figure out how.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
yeah,when things changed everything went weird.

Mel