Vanity Plumbing
Finishing up my bathroom remodel. The contractors cut the drain pipe when removing the old vanity. I am in the process of building a new vanity. They cut the section off that points down.  I looking at the sections of drain pipe sticking out of the wall and scratching my head on how I am going to install new sections that point down over the remaining section that is probably glued on.

I know there must be an easy solution. Do they make those sections for these situations? or is there a method to remove the old remaining section so I can fit replacements on?
(12-15-2017, 10:47 AM)Scoony Wrote: Finishing up my bathroom remodel. The contractors cut the drain pipe when removing the old vanity. I am in the process of building a new vanity. They cut the section off that points down.  I looking at the sections of drain pipe sticking out of the wall and scratching my head on how I am going to install new sections that point down over the remaining section that is probably glued on.

I know there must be an easy solution. Do they make those sections for these situations? or is there a method to remove the old remaining section so I can fit replacements on?

are you talking about the trap?  If so you can glue on new or attach one of these

[Image: bathroom-p-trap.jpg]

slid into one of these 

[Image: couplings-adaptors-c58017hd112-64_1000.jpg]

to be honest this is one of the few places I prefer to use ABS pipe.  P traps glued together tend to do better with people banging into them with crap that gets shoved under sinks
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Thanks, I will have to look for those. I was not considering metal, however the vanity I am making has a lower shelf and some of the pipe will be exposed. Going to have to think about that one.
(12-15-2017, 11:07 AM)Scoony Wrote: Thanks, I will have to look for those. I was not considering metal, however the vanity I am making has a lower shelf and some of the pipe will be exposed. Going to have to think about that one.

If you go with metal make sure to get 17 gauge otherwise the next time you deal with it  replacement will be needed and a good chance you cut yourself on the thinner tubing
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(12-15-2017, 11:07 AM)Scoony Wrote: Thanks, I will have to look for those. I was not considering metal, however the vanity I am making has a lower shelf and some of the pipe will be exposed. Going to have to think about that one.

I just finished up the woodworking on two master bath vanities, and in the center section with the drain, instead of a shelf I put in a movable open top tray/low sidewall drawer on drawer slides, so you put the "junk" on it and just slide it out to access.  Don't know if it will solve your issues, but it will save my back and knees when trying to reach under the sink to fetch something in the back of the cabinet.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis