Walt
He also had a vast inventory of vinyl records dating to way back
I live about 1/2 hour from Walt's shop, and would go there occasionally. He did more than sell records and old tools. He nurtured a growing alternate rock scene in the middle Connecticut area. He encouraged young people with talent to come to his shop and play, and would sponsor open mic nights and host small venue underground concerts there that were always well attended. He did a lot for the local young fo1k.
All that, and he was a genuinely nice guy. I think about him frequently as I travel through Waterbury a few times each month.
Excellent tools and taste in music!

Sorely missed!
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Walt was my first Secret Santa giftee... that stinkin' RyanC assigned me his name and was laughing forever about me sending coals to Newcastle...  As luck would have it, Walt mentioned an old book he didn't have, so I sent him mine. Of course, I've done without it all these years since.  But it was great to be able to send him something!  Of course he was healthy back then.
Skip

Ditto. I posted a birthday message on his Facebook wall (it's still active) a couple days ago. I spent many hours yapping with him, mostly over the phone. Music, tools, people, tools, food, tools....
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
who ended up with Walt's stash of tools? Auctioned off ,, family Just wondered. Really enjoyed his posts of tools and often lusted for some of them..
Mike

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
(12-20-2017, 04:57 PM)Carheir Wrote: who ended up with Walt's stash of tools?  Auctioned off ,, family   Just wondered.  Really enjoyed his posts of tools and often lusted for some of them..

I do believe it was auctioned off and the proceeds used to help defray the expenses of his medical care and funeral expenses.  I think the same was true for the music store inventory.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I had bought many a tool from Walt over the years - those Monday-haul pictures were eye popping. The first time I met Walt, he was travelling in my neck of the woods and offered to drop some stuff off to me. This was shortly after he rescued and befriended a small black kitten from under his porch who now traveled with walt. I told my wife that night it was like meeting a character out of one of those utopian towns on tv. He was a real treat to talk with and dug around his car like the way you see Roy Underhill fuddling to find a tool on his bench sometimes, the car loaded with tools and the black cat with a harness leash - hopping around in his car and later hopping out crisscrossing his legs in the pkg lot but not running off.

Years later after he passed I did my first drive on 84 past Waterbury and the way Waterbury sits (pure folklore art) built into the hill just added to my thoughts of Walt and I agree, he is missed dearly and contributed to many starting and existing woodworkers collecting addictions

Merry xmas walt.
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."
Dan Shaughnessy, boston globe on the Patriots loss in Superbowl XLII
I've bought several tools from Walt.  Although I never met him in person (my loss), I enjoyed our occassional conversations on the phone.  He definitely knew his scrapers.  I laughed at every shipment from him wherein he would include album covers in the packing.   He gave me a Stanley mug, which I use nearly everytime for my coffee at home and certainly when in the shop.  I framed the signed album cover shown, and it now hangs on my woodshop wall.  I'll see you again, buddy.
[Image: Walt.jpg]
He helped me and the vets with little things we needed and I will always remember him as we only PMed back and forth once in a while or telling him Happy Birthday.

Swell Guy and he deserves to be remembered.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.