adding drawers to a face frame
I originally built my kitchen slideouts behind doors.  At one time the hottest thing, but after opening doors to slide out a drawer, the obvious question is "why?"

We will be doing a reface next year and these will all be replaced with drawers.

Just a consideration.  This is also been a trend in kitchen design.

In your case, I think it might solve some issues.  You're building drawers anyway, just add a face, right?
Ditching the doors is an option, but a lot more work than adding pullouts, which is essentially what this project is. 

I LOVE pullouts in lower cabinets, I will never again kneel on the kitchen floor to find something in the back of a base cabinet. 
Every lower cabinet in my kitchen except the sink base either has pullouts or dividers for holding tall narrow things like cutting boards on edge.

If fact, there is a video coming soon to my YouTube channel on building and adding pullouts to existing base cabinets.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I added pullouts to my "full" pantry cabinet and found it was only about 2/3 full.  That sold me on pullouts.

I'm seeing more and more of "drawers only" for lowers, and it is what I will do when I re-do my kitchen.  I may make some of the uppers pull out (three shelves worth), but not all of them.  The ones with dishes are probably too heavy and the ones with glasses may topple.

[Image: a0a35e81aa53425b87e649a018ee3ab3--kitche...tchens.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Many ways to do it. Could use sockets, but didnt have any. I created a box to screw to in the middle of cabinet and just added a spacer on the side of cab.

Attached Files Image(s)

Well, Bye...
On the side.

Attached Files Image(s)

Well, Bye...
Haven't done this yet.  I was looking at slides I could mount on the floor of the cabinets.  Accuride makes a center mount slide which seems like it might work http://www.rockler.com/accuride-center-m...ect-length
(04-10-2018, 09:50 AM)EricU Wrote: Haven't done this yet.  I was looking at slides I could mount on the floor of the cabinets.  Accuride makes a center mount slide which seems like it might work http://www.rockler.com/accuride-center-m...ect-length

Those aren't going to work nearly as well as real undermounts or side mounted slides.  You will be far better off in the end putting in spacers on the sides so you can use under or side mounted slides.  Adding that center divider is not a big deal using pocket screws. 

John
I was admiring the Blum undermount slides, but it seems silly to attach them to the sides when I have a flat piece of wood underneath to mount the slides to. And they drive the design of the drawer too. The thing that really got me thinking about just attaching it to the floor is the pantry, where I just want to have a pull-out tray for the trashcans.
ordered some Blum undermount.  Realized that the accurites would bend when extended.  I'm just going to add one drawer now and do more as time permits