Video from 1940
I really enjoyed watching that.
(12-18-2017, 06:34 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: That was fun. It always fascinates me that you can still hear the nuances of the British accent in American voices as late as the 40's/50's. My grandfather narrated educational and travel films which we watch as kids and we could hear it in his voice also.

Wow, I have noticed that and wondered why peoples voices were so different. It never occurred to me, the hang on English accent. Thank you for mentioning that.
Ag
Thanks for sharing. Can’t believe they finished with a birdhouse.

For those who like the construction clips, Tom law has an excellent dvd on Windows and doors

Matt
(12-18-2017, 06:34 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: That was fun. It always fascinates me that you can still hear the nuances of the British accent in American voices as late as the 40's/50's. My grandfather narrated educational and travel films which we watch as kids and we could hear it in his voice also.
Enunciation used to be very important in radio and early days of television...it doesn't seem to be as important these days..I always thought it was pretty funny in that they tried their best to avoid putting any "excitement" or enthusiasm in their voices..Remembering such notable newscasters like H.V. Kaltenborn and Edward R. Murrow..Walter Winchell was kinda the exception..."He almost always started his program by saying something like "Good evening Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea".......it became his "trade mark" during WWII..IIRC..I think Ed. Murrow had something like "Good night...and Good Luck"......The good old days....
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset