NEED HELP Delta Unisaw Bullet Motor
Hello, I am restoring a 1952 Delta Unisaw and unfortunately the 1HP. 1PH. bullet motor has been dropped and the back end cast iron bell has been broken beyond repair. The windings and bushings have been checked in a shop and are ok, so all I need are bearings and a replacement back end bell. This is where the HELP part comes in. This part has proved difficult to find. Does anyone know of any nonworking motors, saw graveyards, repair shops, burned out motors, etc. where this piece can be parted out from. 

Thank You John
If you have not already, you should explore owwm.org. The site deals with the restoration of woodworking machines (and metal working machines), and features a BYOD (Bring Out Your Dead) forum where members buy and sell machines, as well as old machine parts, etc. You might find help there if you ask there on their main discussion forum. I have done several restorations (including a 1953 Unisaw) and could not have done it without this web site. Good folks. Good Luck!!

Ed
Ed
Agreed with OWWM suggestion. Soon enough someone will have a FUBAR’d bullet motor to part out.
OWWM and Vintagemachinery are the two sites to go to for information and parts on this saw. IIRC, any unisaw motor would fit in that saw, though I think the "bullet" style is favored for its looks to keep the saw period correct and if you have an original goose egg cover, then it may be necessary so the motor can swing through its arc without hitting anything.
You are correct, ET...
One day, Chuck Norris ordered two pizzas to go.  They went.
There is (or was) a bullet motor in the BOYD section when this thread first started.  Sorry, I forgot to mention it.  Less than $200 if memory serves, which is pretty good for a 1-1/2 hp single-phase bullet motor.  

The old motor is still probably worth something, and worth more if you can wait until you find an end bell for it, at which point you could resell it and get most of your money back out of it.  Or keep it as a spare.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"