"Cleaning" some recycled wood
Some soapy water and a stiff bristle brush has worked for me in the past. Are you going to put any finish on it? Dusting/cleaning reclaimed wood can be a real pain. A quick spray with some clear finish can make a big difference.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
(12-21-2017, 02:41 PM)mr_skittle Wrote: Some soapy water and a stiff bristle brush has worked for me in the past. Are you going to put any finish on it? Dusting/cleaning reclaimed wood can be a real pain. A quick spray with some clear finish can make a big difference.

Thanks again for the comments.....I had  obviously   not spent enough time preparing the wood before construction started.   I would have scrubbed or power washed, if I had a couple extra days to let it dry out.  
I was not planning on a finish.  I wanted the naked wood........and one side had  white paint.

In the end, I used a lot of denatured alcohol, and a relatively stiff bristled brush to get most of the dirt off.  

The dimensions ended up about 53" x 34". I have named it 'The Beast'   It was a 48x24 older tin ceiling panel....and I  had sprayed both sides  with clear lacquer to mostly keeping the chips from falling off.

It was bridal joint construction ..... only one metal fastener used to stop  a split.... ....and a dab of glue to hold a knot in place.  Other than that, just some pegs in the corners.  I am waiting for the pics once the finished product is mounted on a wall.
Dave