Birdhouse opening sizes per species
I once had a document that had suggested bird house opening sizes based on what species of bird you wanted to make the house for.
I have searched the Internet but can't find this info.

Does anyone have a list like this?

Thank you in advance
(12-20-2017, 08:10 AM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: I once had a document that had suggested bird house opening sizes based on what species of bird you wanted to make the house for.

Thank you in advance

Lots of options out there.  Here is 1 that may help:

Example
(12-20-2017, 08:10 AM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: I once had a document that had suggested bird house opening sizes based on what species of bird you wanted to make the house for.

Thank you in advance

http://www.birdwatching-bliss.com/bird-h...sions.html
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(12-20-2017, 08:39 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: http://www.birdwatching-bliss.com/bird-h...sions.html

Great link.  This is where an adjustable brace bit really comes in handy.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(12-20-2017, 08:39 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: http://www.birdwatching-bliss.com/bird-h...sions.html

I agree, great link and I book marked it.  Thanks.
I always hear bluebirds were really picky about the hole size. Not sure which birds are and which ones aren't.
(12-20-2017, 06:18 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: I always hear bluebirds were really picky about the hole size. Not sure which birds are and which ones aren't.

All of my Bluebird boxes have 1 1/2" diameter holes.  I'm not sure if Bluebirds are picky but I know they can't fit through a smaller hole.

I have three boxes up in my yard and after the Bluebirds pick their box a pair of Carolina Chickadees will use another one and a pair of House Wrens will use the third.  I know those birds will nest in anything. 
Yes

My resident Screech Owl likes his/her nest box also with a 3" diameter hole in the box.

I made a bird house with my son for scouts.. a red squirrel made it his home
Smile
(12-20-2017, 06:58 PM)Duane N Wrote: All of my Bluebird boxes have 1 1/2" diameter holes.  I'm not sure if Bluebirds are picky but I know they can't fit through a smaller hole.

I've read they won't use it if the hole is larger than a certain diameter also. The bluebird house you have looks exactly like the ones that are recommended.
I have a couple copies of the MN DNR book "Woodworking for wildlife, homes for birds and animals". by Carol Henderson.  It gives good plans with the hole sizes for many different birds.
I'm sure you could probably find reveiws on amazon. If you would like one sent for shipping cost, pm me your address.