HANDTOOLS: Some Nice Stuff; #91, 2101A, NOS Files, etc.
Ok, some very nice stuff here, not the usual, all quality tools for the shop..... lots of pics in linked Flickr album below.....

First up is a set of unmarked trammels, they work like they should, nice points and sharp, yours for $22 plus shipping, teaser pic:

[Image: 25316436658_d30c32648d_b.jpg]

Next is a 4" drawknife, great maker, marked "E Jennings", size not all that common out there in the wild, it needs a new handle, and this is a project I just don't need right now, so take advantage; steel stained, not pitted, will make an excellent user for those close in jobs; yours for $22 plus shipping, teaser pic:

[Image: 38474370734_7f1f3cb60d_b.jpg]

Next we have an absolute PRISTINE Stanley #91 Mortising Gauge; zero, apologies, 100% everything, virtually NOS condition, I know, I'm gushing, but there is nothing bad about this tool, the points are sharp as a pin, I doubt if it were ever used; I asked the guy I bought it from if he had the box, he said he threw it out (ok, kill me now), so this is about as good as it gets without the box.  Given the condition, yours for $40 plus shipping, Teaser pics:
[Image: 25316439548_7d7cf62b92_b.jpg]
[Image: 38474373054_7caff155c5_b.jpg]

Next we have three vintage NOS Nicholson 6" Extra Slim files for sharpening saws; these are becoming harder and harder to find, I found a bunch, kept what I needed and am setting these free to someone who appreciates their quality; all three for $22 plus shipping, you'd pay almost as much for new manufacture files that are of lesser quality, those in the know will appreciate the value; teaser pic:

[Image: 27404809349_1334a57fee_b.jpg]

Finally, last but not least, a Crispy 8" throw Yankee 2101A Bell System brace, best brace ever made, hands down, superlatives fail me, gold standard.  This one is in very nice condition, the guy who stole it from Ma Bell ground off the Bell Sys mark, see pic, but it works like it should and is in the very handy, and less common, 8" throw size.  A very reasonable $45 plus shipping.  The last brace you, or your heirs, will ever need.......  teaser pic:

[Image: 27404809719_e186585802_b.jpg]

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping address so I can quote shipping and print up mailing labels to box it up (if I don't box them up early, I get confused).  I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please unless I know you from the forum, then checks are just fine.

Offering quality tools, given the once over by someone who knows quality, at reasonable prices for the user.  Thanks for looking.

Opps, forgot the album link; here it is:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...1796810817
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Hi - I'd like the 4" drawknife.  PM Follows, Tom
PM sent for files
Rich, you certainly never disappoint! Great finds as usual...
PM sent for Stanley #91
(12-20-2017, 09:58 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Rich, you certainly never disappoint! Great finds as usual...

I try....  I only pick up stuff that I would own and use, that leaves a whole bunch of stuff still laying on the flea market tables, for sure.....
Saw files confirmed sold.
Jennings knife and Mortising gauge are gone. What's left are the trammels and the 2101 Brace.
Pm sent for trammels

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
Thomas A. Edison
That 91 is beautiful
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."
Dan Shaughnessy, boston globe on the Patriots loss in Superbowl XLII