Filter Bag Question
Some mice ate my Central Machine #97869 dust collector filter bag while it was stored in my shed and I need to buy a replacement.  I threw out the old one and the manual doesn't give me any specific information about size etc.

What type would you recommend I replace it with?

Also, I am going to set it up in my garage for use with various power tools.  Things will move around a bit...any suggestions on how to flex pipe things together?  I've got some 10' pieces of flexible corrugated drainage pipe that i was thinking of using.  Obviously not as good as smooth wall PVC, but I bought it to relocate some insulation and it worked well.

I am a hobby woodworker...a project or two a month, so I don't need anything extravagant.
(12-20-2017, 07:57 PM)JHyde23 Wrote: Some mice ate my Central Machine #97869 dust collector filter bag while it was stored in my shed and I need to buy a replacement.  I threw out the old one and the manual doesn't give me any specific information about size etc.

What type would you recommend I replace it with?

Also, I am going to set it up in my garage for use with various power tools.  Things will move around a bit...any suggestions on how to flex pipe things together?  I've got some 10' pieces of flexible corrugated drainage pipe that i was thinking of using.  Obviously not as good as smooth wall PVC, but I bought it to relocate some insulation and it worked well.

I am a hobby woodworker...a project or two a month, so I don't need anything extravagant.
It is in Harbor Frieight's online owners' manual, but here it is:

top, 19½" x 30" long
Bottom, 19½" x 30-7/8"
5 micron
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
You could check out this company https://americanfabricfilter.com/filter-bags/     I have never used them but heard good things.  You could also convert that dust collector to use a cartridge filter.  There is a lot of info on the net about that conversion.

Larry
Larry
I cleaned an AFF bag once and was amazed how easy it was. There is a coating on the inside and you can just wipe the dust off. I can believe all the good things said about their filters.

Hope that helps. Let us know what you do.

Carl
On the other side- it's just cloth. For the time being, just sew up an old bed sheet to get you by until you find what you want.

No pink unicorns.
ive had this top on my HF for a few years now
https://www.amazon.com/POWERTEC-70001-Co...B005VSAP74

no complaints here.

these for the bottom
https://www.amazon.com/POWERTEC-70002-Pl...lastic+bag

theyre a little loose, but i run some clear packing tape along the joint after the strap is in place.

as far as the flex pipe, i think you can find something a little more user friendly then the drainage pipe.