Bandsaw top wheel tracking knob lock nut, *updated pictures*
Hi all,
Like many of you, I have a 14" Grizzly band saw. I like it a lot, but one thing I've found is that I have the tracking knob (does it have a name?) bottomed out, and I'm not convinced my large resaw blade is centered on the wheel well. The limiting factor is that the jam nut is a wing nut, and the wings take up room! 

[Image: wQx0ifk84RCE_yizra617QV0lc7R5jDaR09By3Lx...Tbw9M=w400]

So I said to myself, I need a little knurled nut in there instead. So I spoke to the machinist at work, and he would have made me a knurled wheel, but he also had some steel hex stock laying around. I figured a large hex is easy to grab by hand too. So he drilled and tapped a hole and cut me off a chunk. I then had to bring it back into work, because it turns out it's an M8 thread... But I got it! And I hit it with a generous amount of clear rustoleum. 

[Image: RjWtFeOUwY0LU8nUaZIlbo0yYoeaPnrYn8xZRNaD...raYtA=w400]

So now it's on the saw, and I know the saw can adjust just a little more if I need to. Easy mod for anyone who feels they can't quite get their saw setup correctly. 

[Image: BdFYoCdzb3qZhii5jH5BTsSEOtbPSyLT-n17JEwc...-TEwY=w400]
Benny

Nope.....
Ugh... why won't pictures work!!!
Benny

(12-21-2017, 08:53 AM)bennybmn Wrote: Updated with links to pics

I hate to tell you .. but the links do not show pictures either.
Test

[Image: AQe9I8UqRssMyDmT2]https://photos.app.goo.gl/AQe9I8UqRssMyDmT2

[Image: BdFYoCdzb3qZhii5jH5BTsSEOtbPSyLT-n17JEwc...75-h901-no]

Looks like I needed to "share" the photos...
Benny

(12-21-2017, 08:51 AM)med-one Wrote: Nope.....

I see all three pictures very clearly. Middle pic shows the hex nut, probably better than a knurled one.
Keep in mind probably every threaded nut or bolt from Grizzly tools is metric.
mike
I had the same problem with my 14" Jet bandsaw.  The problem ended up being a bent upper wheel hinge assembly.  I guess over the years under tension the piece slowly distorted.  I now de-tension the blade after each use.

Old versus New 
[Image: 5NMaTPR.jpg][Image: kCNK0Bp.jpg]
OP. Nice mod.
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-22-2017, 07:26 PM)mike4244 Wrote: I see all three pictures very clearly. Middle pic shows the hex nut, probably better than a knurled one.
mike

Thanks for the warning about the nuts and bolts being metric.
(12-22-2017, 07:26 PM)mike4244 Wrote: I see all three pictures very clearly. Middle pic shows the hex nut, probably better than a knurled one.
mike

Are they now? I haven't bought a Griz machine in quite some time, probably 10+yrs. ago. At one time it seemed like the heads were metric but the threads were SAE. Strange combination I know but that's how it seemed.