How do you get the rocker "right" on a rocking horse?
The Rocking Dragon post has led to me being tasked with making a "Rocking T-Rex"
Rolleyes

I made a "Rocking Lamb" for my SIL a few years back; she loved it but it was noted for "walking" sideways when niece was riding it.

I assume I either got the rockers crooked or not equally curved.

So how do I avoid this problem?
Confused
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
If your rockers are not the same radius then all bets are off. It should be easy to line them up next to each other before you mount them so I'll assume that's not your problem. Having them parallel or toed in at the front and even is a construction and layout problem that should be built into the plans and up to you to figure out. The main cause for walking, and the one that isn't evident, is having the flat bottom that touches the ground be on the same plane. To make sure, you should clamp them to your work bench as they would sit on the floor and mount the dragon to them. That keeps the orientation so they rock on the same plane and don't tend to walk. Carpet grain can cause them to walk and rocking against the grain on wood floors is noisy.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
I looked closer at your pictures and it seems the bottom of the rockers are rounded, they should be flat.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Cut the first rocker and use a pattern bit in the router to fine tune the second one.  You will want to  hog off most of the excess with a jig saw or on the band saw, but the pattern bit will make an exact clone of the first.  

I wonder if gluing rubber to the bottom of the runners would be a good idea.  It might be kinder to the wood floors.  Self adhesive stair tread material might work.  

https://www.harborfreight.com/self-adhes...98856.html

[Image: image_12185.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
It's usually attributed to a slight difference in the profile of the rockers.  As mentioned using one as the pattern for the second is a good way to avoid that.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
One of my grandkids loves dinosaurs. When I saw your rocking dragon post, it got me thinking about trying to make a rocking dinosaur. I'm having trouble coming up with a design. If you have a design, would you mind sharing it with me? I'm an ok woodworker, but not very creative.
If women don't find you handsome, at least let 'em find you handy!
PM me your email and I'll send you some pix.

Do you have Sketchup or PHotoshop? If not I'll do what I can with Word.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Here are plans for a 6' tall T-rex model. You can't ride it but it looks very cool.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-...Rex-Model/

[Image: FH7QXRKGC4G8OX4.MEDIUM.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.