another build thread...
Happens, when you use all solid wood.   The corner where this project will sit,, needs clean out, first...
Uhoh 

Consider this the Final PIP of this Project....
Cool  

Front view....
Winkgrin  

Open the doors.   Even the inside has a finish
Confused  

Open the drawer, to show off them dovetails...someday, I might even get good at these
Rolleyes  

And a side view.   This will be back in that corner, though.   IF someone wants, I can get the final measurements
( I'm 5'11", and this is taller than I am....
Winkgrin )

Thanks for watching....
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Cool
Cool
Cool
I agree with you, projects go more smoothly with a lot cussin'.
Big Grin
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Hmm, thought I was done with this one.....I did pick up a couple latches, to keep the doors shut
Winkgrin  

Another site complained about the "open area" between the  two units..so
Rolleyes  

Took a while today, but it is closed off
Rolleyes 

Managed to clean out the spot where this cupboard will call home..
Cool  

Now, I just need to clean the bench..
Uhoh 

But, I think this project is finally done....

Thanks for following along
Winkgrin
Sooo...this project is now done.   Next  up?    A couple weeks of "vacation"...going to spend that going through and sharpening all the edges I may have dulled the last few weeks.
Rolleyes    Planes, chisels, and a few saws.   Maybe clean the bench up a bit
Winkgrin 

Waiting on the "crew" to wake up, so they came move the Project out of the shop, and into it's new home.   Then we'll see how long it takes to fill it up
Laugh
Winkgrin
Rolleyes 

Thanks again for following along....was an "interesting" Project, wasn't it?
Confused
Job well done.

Yes, I greatly enjoyed the journey.  I have to agree, the additional drawer really adds to the Project. 

I'm looking forward to your next build.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Moving day
Uhoh 
Since the Bookcase was lowered to the floor, decided to install the 6 Walnut plugs, and a coat or two of Amber Shellac..
Cool  

Got the door latches installed...hauled both drawers upstairs, and the Bookcase..whew
Rolleyes 
Needed help to get the base cabinet upstairs...I got about 1/2 way up, and got "stuck"
No 

Finally got this thing back together. and sitting IN it's new home...
Winkgrin  

Soo, I'm sitting down, watching the Boss and my son fill this thing up....unit stands 73-1/2"  from floor to the top of the bookcase.  

I am tuckered out for the day...
Rolleyes
(02-02-2018, 02:08 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Moving day
Uhoh 
Since the Bookcase was lowered to the floor, decided to install the 6 Walnut plugs, and a coat or two of Amber Shellac..
Cool  

Got the door latches installed...hauled both drawers upstairs, and the Bookcase..whew
Rolleyes 
Needed help to get the base cabinet upstairs...I got about 1/2 way up, and got "stuck"
No 

Finally got this thing back together. and sitting IN it's new home...
Winkgrin  

Soo, I'm sitting down, watching the Boss and my son fill this thing up....unit stands 73-1/2"  from floor to the top of the bookcase.  

I am tuckered out for the day...
Rolleyes

Nicely done!
....... Next?
Next?
Confused   Will be about 2 weeks vacation from the shop.
Winkgrin   Need to go back and clean and sharpen things back up, to be ready for the next job..
Cool

Boss is hinting she wants a wooden frame for the bed....nothing fancy, of course....
Uhoh

No lumber in the shop, right now...fellow I got the Ash from is now "Downunder" in the Land of OZ.    He will return in April.....then I can buy a little more lumber
Rolleyes