New sink faucet
I've been a homeowner for almost 13 years and I have done nearly everything myself.

The only three projects in my entire handyman history (including car projects) that have gone quickly and easily according to plan were one toilet removal and replacement, one microwave installation, and one spoiler installation on a car.

The remaining several hundred projects have all required ten times the amount of expected time and multiple trips to the store. Don't even get me started on my recent "fifteen minute" replacement of the house's deadbolt with a keypad lock.
(12-28-2017, 03:56 PM)FS7 Wrote: I've been a homeowner for almost 13 years and I have done nearly everything myself.

The only three projects in my entire handyman history (including car projects) that have gone quickly and easily according to plan were one toilet removal and replacement, one microwave installation, and one spoiler installation on a car.

The remaining several hundred projects have all required ten times the amount of expected time and multiple trips to the store. Don't even get me started on my recent "fifteen minute" replacement of the house's deadbolt with a keypad lock.

Something I learned a long time ago. If you need a 1/2" elbow, buy a pack of 10. When you need a little solder, buy the big roll. Upsize. Blades for your razor knife, buy the 100 pack. By the time you need it next time, it will be twice as expensive anyway so you are really saving a lot of dough and less on gas. Just remember where you put it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(12-28-2017, 05:46 AM)Tynyyn Wrote: The instructions explicitly said NOT TO USE PLUMBERS PUTTY.  So I kept reading and it said clear silicone caulk.  Went down to wally world and got a tube and used it sparingly.  I suppose the silicone is to be used to keep water from penetrating to the hole in the sink.  I cannot think of why putty couldn't be used unless it creates a rust problem after several years.

If the countertop is laminate (formica) then Phenoseal is much better than silicone.  It won't stick so well that when you next take your faucet off the formica comes with it.  If the countertop is granite/stone, then silicone is just fine.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!