Handsaw build
Yowza!
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
(12-25-2017, 05:47 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Very nice
Cool

Thanks so much! I have received some really generous Secret Santa gifts from forum members over the years, so it was rewarding to work a bit harder on mine this year.  Feel free everyone to throw in pics of your own tool creations if you like!
Love it! Thanks for sharing the build-along. I especially like the creative workholding with the handscrews. I find that the more I use handscrews for workholding, the more I like them. Good job.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Wow. Thank you for the build-along. And those are some nice-looking saws! Your recipient must be happy.
Very nice job! Did Dom punch the teeth for you or did you file them in?
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(12-26-2017, 08:42 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Very nice job!  Did Dom punch the teeth for you or did you file them in?
Dom punches the teeth to your specified ppi. I think he can also vary the rake a good bit according to your choice.  For the rip pattern it is then a simple sharpen. With the crosscut you need to decide how much fleam you want to add and whether to slope the gullets. Finally, of course, you need to add however much set you want to the teeth.
(12-25-2017, 05:54 PM)SCMedLion Wrote: Thanks so much! I have received some really generous Secret Santa gifts from forum members over the years, so it was rewarding to work a bit harder on mine this year.  Feel free everyone to throw in pics of your own tool creations if you like!

Made a Frame saw earlier this month..

Left over Maple scraps, a blade from Butcher's meat saw, and a length of all thread. 

Seems to work nicely as a crosscut....
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(12-26-2017, 09:58 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Made a Frame saw earlier this month..

Left over Maple scraps, a blade from Butcher's meat saw, and a length of all thread. 

Seems to work nicely as a crosscut....
Winkgrin

Cool!