Replacing MM16 bandsaw feet
I lost the feet to my MM16 during the move. I emailed SCM but never heard back. Does anyone know what the size/specs are? If it were easier to tip the saw on its back, I would check myself. I'm not feeling that brave though.

Thanks for any help.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I'm assuming it has leveling feet that are threaded.
Use a crowbar to lift one side at a time. Multiple 3/4" or 1/2" thick blocking will let you slowly raise the the saw up in the air enough to try different bolts in the threaded inserts.

Mcmaster Carr has a pretty extensive selection of leveling feet

I have a planer that has casters that are held just off the floor by blocking under each corner. Using a crowbar and scrap piece of 2x4, I can lever one side of the planer up to remove or replace the blocking with one hand. The other hand pulls out the two blocks on one side. The 20" planer weighs about twice as much as a 16" bandsaw. Your bandsaw is more top heavy but 1/2" increments of blocking should keep the tilt pretty minimal.
My .02
Karl

(12-25-2017, 09:33 PM)measure once cut remeasure Wrote: I'm assuming it has leveling feet that are threaded.
Use a crowbar to lift one side at a time. Multiple 3/4" or 1/2" thick blocking will let you slowly raise the the saw up in the air enough to try different bolts in the threaded inserts.

Mcmaster Carr has a pretty extensive selection of leveling feet

I have a planer that has casters that are held just off the floor by blocking under each corner. Using a crowbar and scrap piece of 2x4, I can lever one side of the planer up to remove or replace the blocking with one hand. The other hand pulls out the two blocks on one side. The 20" planer weighs about twice as much as a 16" bandsaw.  Your bandsaw is more top heavy but 1/2" increments of blocking should keep the tilt pretty minimal.

You can also use a strap, rope or chain from a rafter or something similar to make sure it stays upright if you tip further than safe.  I had to do something similar last week moving a bench.  It kept it from falling back off my truck as it was strapped to the lumber rack allowing me to lift the end without it trying to push me back
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Do you have the bar from the mobility kit? This works well for getting the front raised and you can start getting wood underneath.

What are the feet? Bolts or rubber? I’ve just left it on its frame with a wooden shim to address any unevenness in my floor. You can search for the recommendations on the Zambus casters if you want to know the threading in the holes.

Matt
The feet on mine had been replaced on mine with Great Lakes casters, they (the feet) are in a box somewhere out in the shop. If I get a chance later today I'll try to find one and measure it. I'll post back later with what I find.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Mine didn't come with any type of foot.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-25-2017, 07:35 PM)Aram Wrote: I lost the feet to my MM16 during the move. I emailed SCM but never heard back. Does anyone know what the size/specs are? If it were easier to tip the saw on its back, I would check myself. I'm not feeling that brave though.

Thanks for any help.

---

The are probably M12x1.75.  Check the minimax yahoo group.
(12-26-2017, 06:43 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Mine didn't come with any type of foot.

Neither did/mine.  It has threaded pads that take a allen head set screw.  If that is what you are talking about - I can measure one of them?  BTW the manual I have refers to these levelingscrewsso I am pretty sure they are OEM.
Rick

The threaded pads were what I thought he meant, but I couldn't find mine (sorry).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Hmm. I had no pads either, just metal.
I added 2 oak blocks underneath, mainly to raise it about 3 inches
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020