Czeck Edge Bird Cage Awl (wow!)
I was the high bidder in the auction. Was is enough that I'd get a tool I've wanted but couldn't justify previously, and help some people out? Nope. Bob jacked it up a level -- "Standard" birdcage awl became the upgraded carbide version. Would a few weeks or a month wait be good enough? Nope. It came in a few days, with (totally not necessary) advance apologies from Bob, who was working on another order. Was it enough I'd get to try out this fantastic tool (and it is a fantastic tool!)? Nope. Check out the figure.

Eek

[Image: i-SsndrKq-M.jpg]

[Image: i-8k4q4kj-M.jpg]

Thanks, Bob! Happy new year.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
That's a pur'dy tool. Shouldn't you look at trading up from Rudolph's nose, however?
I have that exact same model.  It's a beautiful tool, flawlessly constructed, and it works like a champ.  I've used it countless times to mark drill points and also to mark the center point for lathe spindle work.  Bob does great work, and it's nice to see that after he retired from his former day job, he's been able to secure some deals with Lee Valley to market his stuff.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-27-2017, 10:36 AM)hbmcc Wrote: That's a pur'dy tool. Shouldn't you look at trading up from Rudolph's nose, however?

lol I have no idea why I left the cap on
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I made one from one of Bob's kits, and though mine is not that pretty, I'll testify it's a great tool.

Cool 

I made one of his marking knives some years back. His tool kits are spot on.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020