Miter Station Finished!
Wink 
(12-28-2017, 12:43 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Coincidentally, my oldest was asking me about building base cabinets for other uses in the shop, and I used your posting to give him an idea of how base cabs are usually built (without face frames).  He uses sketchup (and lurks here) so if it's ok with you, I'll email the link to the sketchup files.  
Cool

Sharing is caring 
Wink Everything I post is public and I expect people to use it or complain about it. I actually get jazzed when people are interested enough to download my drawings. I've actually been surprised which ones I've posted in the 3D Warehouse are most popular.
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
Really great job.

Did you at all consider Kreg top track and a flip stops on a fence?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(12-30-2017, 07:14 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Really great job.

Did you at all consider Kreg top track and a flip stops on a fence?

Yes I did consider a Kreg top track and a flip stops on a fence as well as an 80/20 fence configuration. I ultimately decided the fence would be in the way more than not, and what I really wanted was a table stop and the ability to use all the counter/table real estate for other uses including some assemblies. Having a long fence doesn't make your cuts square. If it's not square at the saw backstop the fence wont make it so. A sliding stop on a T-track just seemed much more useful. Time will tell if I still feel that way, but if I change my mind about a fence, adding one wouldn't be difficult.
nicely done.  how large is your shop, because what I see looks nice in addition to being spacious.
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.
(12-31-2017, 04:18 PM)toolie Wrote: nicely done.  how large is your shop, because what I see looks nice in addition to being spacious.

24' x 36' with 10' ceilings. still very new. I haven't had a shop for 4 years after moving from MN to TN. I'm still getting organized, working from bins and unpacking into storage as I create it. I'm in the process of making use of the dead space above the dust hood on the miter station. Here's some progress photos. I just need to finishe the edge banding on the doors, install the hinges and pulls and mount them.

[Image: storage1.jpg]
[Image: storage2.jpg]
Nicely done!
Yes
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Very nice!

I am thinking about building one myself and was considering using Ikea base cabinets as well. Can you explain why you changed your mind about them?
Nicely done!!
I'd be lost without a full fence on those tops, with a sliding t-track, flip up stop though.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-07-2018, 09:32 PM)DrNewton Wrote: Very nice!

I am thinking about building one myself and was considering using Ikea base cabinets as well. Can you explain why you changed your mind about them?

2 reasons.

1. I actually ordered them. When they didn't show up after 4 weeks I called and canceled. (The Ikea customer service person that took my call to inquire where they were was an person and really pissed me off.)

2. I was going to have to modify the center cabinet quite a bit and when I found out my local hardwood supplier carried 3/4 and 1/2 prefinished 2 sides birch plywood at a reasonable price It made my decision for me given Ikea crapped out. I could build the cabinets at half the cost and continue the birch theme in lots of other stuff I was planning to build. I ended up with better cabinets that suited my needs even though it took a lot longer. Granted it's Asian plywood and isn't as high a quality as true Baltic Birch plywood but it was way easier than finishing raw BB plywood.
(01-07-2018, 11:13 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Nicely done!!
I'd be lost without a full fence on those tops, with a sliding t-track, flip up stop though.

The table top T-track stop is sufficient for my needs but I can always add a full fence later if I change my mind.