CNC made Steady Rest
(12-28-2017, 07:03 PM)handi Wrote: I can draw one up for you in that size if you want!

Thanks for the offer, but I spent tool budget for the next 10 years on the lathe, LOML would kill me if I even suggested getting a CNC machine.
Laugh

Although, a used one in good condition might not be out of the question (wink wink, nod, nod). Think your Shark would fit in a carry-on bag?
Wink
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
What's the piece you have mounted on the lathe for turning?
It is a tall pedestal for a pie crust table. The center section is maple, I am experimenting with ebonizing the maple.
[Image: 83rymI.jpg]
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(12-28-2017, 07:05 PM)handi Wrote: Did not on purpose, call it a fillet!

Wull,, ok. Put some red dye in your glue and accent that fillet then.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-30-2017, 12:02 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Wull,, ok. Put some red dye in your glue and accent that fillet then.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Actually, I whipped this rest up because I was in the middle of turning that blank for a video shoot and it kept flexing. Since the shoot was for a set of turning tools, I needed it running smoothly. 

So I build the thing and put it right to use before the glue was even fully dry (there are screws holding that joint as well.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.

Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020