Nunchucks
My wife's nephew is a Black Belt in Karate.  It's probably more specific than that, but that's as much as I know about the subject.  We made him a custom set of nunchucks today.  He specified the length and the diameter.  He also sanded them to the smoothness he wanted, which turned out to be to 220.  Finish is paste wax.  We used  Ambrosia Maple for the handles.  I threw away the roll pins that came with the kit and cut down some brass nails to fix the hardware to the wood.  He specifically didn't want anything like rings cut into the handles.  

Cool

Where did you find the hardware kit?
Very cool.  Where'd you get the hardware?  Also, enjoy this video of a kid with nunchucks:

I got them from totalmartialartsupplies.com. That was only because it was one of the few sites that had the hardware that wasn't shipping from China.

Their customer service is pretty good, they called me the day after I placed the order to tell me the hardware was on back order for several weeks. I wasn't in a hurry so just told them to ship whenever they got it.
They were really popular to make in high school wood shop back in the mid 70s. I don’t know what started it, but everyone was making them.
Takes a lot of practice to get it “right” ....quite often involved some pain as well.
VH07V  
Good job.

I remember when I first started using them and they were padded and I was very glad they were to.
Yes
Big Grin
Big Grin

I would have had lot of head wounds and other wounds as well.
Crazy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-30-2017, 06:07 PM)EightFingers Wrote: They were really popular to make in high school wood shop back in the mid 70s. I don’t know what started it, but everyone was making them.

bruce lee.