Coming to a state near you. Smoke/Carbon Monoxide detectors.
IIRC the CO detectors only work for about 5 years before they suggest replacing them.  Here you need them in every bedroom and just outside of them.  At least one on each floor and probably more than I have forgot or never knew about.  I try to hardwire and sync the units, I was told they have wifi units that don't require a 4th wire.  Here the hardwired smokes have to be on their own circuit and have a holder that makes tripping the breaker off difficult no idea what it is called.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

New enough to be hardwired, replacing all 3 this weekend.

Ed
(12-29-2017, 11:28 AM)Bob10 Wrote: IIRC the CO detectors only work for about 5 years before they suggest replacing them.  Here you need them in every bedroom and just outside of them.  At least one on each floor and probably more than I have forgot or never knew about.  I try to hardwire and sync the units, I was told they have wifi units that don't require a 4th wire.  Here the hardwired smokes have to be on their own circuit and have a holder that makes tripping the breaker off difficult no idea what it is called.

Here, they're only required in new construction if you have an attached garage or any gas heating, fixtures or appliances. But if you replace a smoke detector in a house with these features, you need to replace it with a smoke/CO detector or one of each. I see a lot of homes with one of each side by side. Usually an old smoke detector which isn't working and a newer CO detector.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

this house and the one we had in Utah had hard wired smoke detectors.  9 volt batteries still drove me crazy. I think I am going to put detectors in the bedrooms.  Interesting about CO detectors going bad sooner. I think I will run seperate smoke/co detectors so I don't have to replace them quite as often.  I have family members that like to generate CO, I wish I could get the detectors to go off as a result of burning candles.
(12-30-2017, 12:11 PM)EricU Wrote: this house and the one we had in Utah had hard wired smoke detectors.  9 volt batteries still drove me crazy. I think I am going to put detectors in the bedrooms.  Interesting about CO detectors going bad sooner. I think I will run seperate smoke/co detectors so I don't have to replace them quite as often.  I have family members that like to generate CO, I wish I could get the detectors to go off as a result of burning candles.

The new Kiddie CO detectors  have a 10 year lifespan if that makes a difference.  Roly
(12-31-2017, 01:07 PM)Roly Wrote: The new Kiddie CO detectors  have a 10 year lifespan if that makes a difference.  Roly

I have to read the description again but every CO detector I have purchased up until these last few I didn't read the paperwork said to replace after about 5 years because the effectiveness drops off considerably
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(12-31-2017, 02:36 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have to read the description again but every CO detector I have purchased up until these last few I didn't read the paperwork said to replace after about 5 years because the effectiveness drops off considerably

From Kiddie web site. "As of 2013, ALL Kidde carbon monoxide alarms have a 10 Year life, with the following exceptions: Model KN-COEG-3 (900-0113), KN-COPE-I (900-0232) and KN-COPP-3 (900-0099)."
My wife likes to use ours as a "done cooking" indicator for dinner every once in a while.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy