SOLD: WINCHESTER #3020 (#7 size) Plane
asking $90 plus ship from RI

Uncleaned as found. These were mfg by both Stanley and Sargent, 1919-30. The lateral adjust screams Sargent. Blade marked both sides. Bed marked 3020. Lever cap marked 3015. The cutter set has some light pitting, more so on the chip breaker. There's a little play in the lever cap screw, threads are fine on both mating surfaces, and holds tight when lever locks. First one of these I've found by the prominent gun maker.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is the Sargent variety. If it says "W7" on the base, it is a round sided Bedrock clone.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Is this one of them shooting planes?
(12-30-2017, 01:36 AM)Martin S. Wrote: This is the Sargent variety.  If it says "W7" on the base, it is a round sided Bedrock clone.

Not a bedrock frog.  Bed just says 3020.
(12-30-2017, 09:06 AM)rayknight Wrote: Is this one of them shooting planes?

Jointer plane, but you could make a shoot board for it.
(12-30-2017, 10:01 AM)JPRI Wrote: Jointer plane, but you could make a shoot board for it.

You didn't get the joke.
(12-30-2017, 10:12 AM)David Katz Wrote: You didn't get the joke.

I do now...lol
(12-30-2017, 09:06 AM)rayknight Wrote: Is this one of them shooting planes?

Laugh
Laugh
I have a herd of these planes. They are good planes. Bob Page does a great job of restoring them for me.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite