Wood rich and cash poor
Will do, I’ll do an inventory of them and get the exact amount, lightly skip plane one to show the grain and get some pics thIs weekend. If I’m seriously going to sell these here, I should probably move to the swap forum.
If you try to sell here or online it’ll be a big time investment. I sold a hundred or two drawer slides of all types and it was a nightmare. Made a few bucks but probably wasn’t worth the effort. Sell it locally.
(01-02-2018, 02:34 PM)Mike7759 Wrote: Anyone that gives me $6 a bdft for the lot, I’ll bring it to you and throw in the 4x4 and 4x6 cores for free. And I do take credit cards.

If I wasn't getting ready to build my shop I'd jump on that.
Wink

But 1500 miles is a mite far.

I can get band-sawn, KD here for $6, not as nice as what you've got but a whole lot closer
Confusedigh"
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(01-02-2018, 02:34 PM)Mike7759 Wrote: Anyone that gives me $6 a bdft for the lot, I’ll bring it to you and throw in the 4x4 and 4x6 cores for free. And I do take credit cards.

If I were back home I'd take that deal, but being in GA until March I can't make the logistics work. You are 825 miles from my house.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Some pictures

Attached Files Image(s)

The pictures are a bit fuzzy but those spots aren't from powder post beetles are they?
Bird poop, stored in shed/pole barn from the guy I got it from.
(01-04-2018, 02:29 PM)Mike7759 Wrote: Bird poop, stored in shed/pole barn from the guy I got it from.

That's good!
The posts are cores and left overs. Not worth much might be good for turning blanks, or workbench legs.

Attached Files Image(s)

(12-31-2017, 01:30 PM)Mike7759 Wrote: I found a bunch of walnut on craigs list a while back. The person who had it didn't really know what he had. He said he thought it was about 200 board feet. He wanted $200 for it. I couldn't pass it up so I snatched it as fast as I could. Its really old not sure how old. But it top condition. It was stored inside. Its all cut from the same tree and I got the cores too. The best boards are 14" wide, 12 ft long and 6/4. It turns out that, not including the cores its about 540 board ft. Its all heart wood, no sapwood or live edge. The local lumber store charges $9.40 per board ft for 4/4. So I figure, if I wanted to buy this load if would cost me over $5000. However, having $5000 worth of wood and having $5000 is two completely different things.

I don't work with walnut. What I mean is, I have no projects on my list that use walnut. I'm not sure I will very soon. I can't bring myself to cut up these thick, long, wide, beautiful grain matched boards to make boxes. Or smaller projects. I think I should sell them, but I don't know how or whether I should ask a premium price for this premium material or a bargain price to get rid of them.

Its a dilemma.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Oh yeah, if anyone thinks I should send it all to them to relieve myself of this terrible burden, that idea has already been expressed by a few people. 

Thanks,

Mike
  PM sent