Respirator
(01-01-2018, 10:18 PM)Angus Wrote: I have a trend so if I can get you any info or pictures just jet me know.

Thanks,I really appreciate that.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Angus
I have checked out the Trend and it seems like it would work for me.A few questions if you don't mind.There seems to be a couple of models,but from what I can see the more expensive one has extra filters and battery.How long does a battery last,I don't turn for long periods of time.The info says it has onboard charging,so there must be a plug in that comes with it.Would it be worth getting the extras?The one I am looking at is the Trend Airshield Pro.They have them on Canadian Amazon for a little over $500,Cdn.Will be a little while before I can afford that.Also what is the recharge time?Sorry for all the questions.

Mel
When mine is being used heavy I charge it overnight. But that's after hours at the lathe. I honestly don't think you would need the extra battery. Theres a port in the back of the headgear the charger plugs into. I think the trend pro comes with a smart charger so over charging isn't a concern but you should check on that. I have yet to change the filters, I just blow them out. The only extras I would consider is the covers for the faceshield. I never liked them on any brand because it distorted my view. But if you do any type of finishing that might sling the finish it's better to replace the covers than the face shield itself.
(01-02-2018, 04:02 PM)Angus Wrote: When mine is being used heavy I charge it overnight. But that's after hours at the lathe. I honestly don't think you would need the extra battery. Theres a port in the back of the headgear the charger plugs into. I think the trend pro comes with a smart charger so over charging isn't a concern but you should check on that. I have yet to change the filters, I just blow them out. The only extras I would consider is the covers for the faceshield. I never liked them on any brand because it distorted my view. But if you do any type of finishing that might sling the finish it's better to replace the covers than the face shield itself.

Thanks Angus for the advice,I will be ordering the Trend as soon as I can.

Mel
I use the Elipse half face mask and have come to really like it. It’s not expensive, and when turning I pair it with a full face bionic face shield. The combination works well for me, and when not at the lathe, I tend to use the respirator with safety glasses.
Not familiar with the Elipse.As stated earlier,I am on full time oxygen and need something to keep the dist out of my line and also not pinch off my oxygen supply.The Trend seems to fit the bill.I will check the Elipse,thanks.

Mel
I checked the Elipse and it won't work,it would cut off my oxygen supply.Thanks anyway.

Mel