Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax
I've always had HP all-in-one machines. They were provided by my company for my home office. They usually lasted 4-5 years then bit the dust. Just before I retired my company bought me an HP Office Jet Pro 8600. Hands down, it's the best printer I've ever had. We've had ours for over 3 years and have never had a problem. One of the things I like is that there are 4 print cartridges - one for each primary color and one for black. Previously, the cartridges were all combined so if one color ran out I had to replace the whole ink cartridge. With this new machine when I run out of a color I replace just that cartridge.

If I had to buy a new one today I'd definitely look at the HP 8600 series (if it's still available). The other printer I'd look at is the Brother printer which has an extra large ink reservoir which is supposed to last a year or so. I understand that it's quite a bit more expensive but it's something I'd look at.
I have an Epson Workforce WF7620. It is a large format printer that will do 11x17 along with all the other common sizes. I do quite a bit of CAD work and it will print nearly perfect size in plot mode when I print for full scale. I grind my own molder knives , so that comes in real handy.The ink cartridges are all separate, meaning the color cartridges are not all in 1 so that if the cyan runs out, you don't have to scrap the yellow and magenta even though they aren't out. It can be plugged in directly to your tower or be set up for WiFi and has all the standard features such as scan, fax, plot,copy, Etc. I just bought ink for it a few weeks ago from a company on Amazon for 2 full changes. The cost was under $20 and though they are off brand, they work exactly the same as OEM.
It's not always the quiet ones who don't have much to say.
(01-06-2018, 10:01 AM)The Tinman Wrote: I have an Epson Workforce WF7620. It is a large format printer that will do 11x17 along with all the other common sizes. I do quite a bit of CAD work and it will print nearly perfect size in plot mode when I print for full scale. I grind my own molder knives , so that comes in real handy.The ink cartridges are all separate, meaning the color cartridges are not all in 1 so that if the cyan runs out, you don't have to scrap the yellow and magenta even though they aren't out. It can be plugged in directly to your tower or be set up for WiFi and has all the standard features such as scan, fax, plot,copy, Etc. I just bought ink for it a few weeks ago from a company on Amazon for 2 full changes. The cost was under $20 and though they are off brand, they work exactly the same as OEM.

Your post had me interested because 11x17 wouild be good for home cad plotting.  I find that the huge number of 1 star reviews complaining about the head failing and printing bands reminds me too much of my current Epson which is doing the same thing.  I'll hold out for a laser printer and continue the search.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I have a HP 7300 (7310) series, which I believe is about 16 years old.  The first 5 or so years, I used it a lot, sending out mailings to a few hundred people at a time.  Since then, it might get used once a month.  A companies quality may change over time, but I have been happy with the HP products.  We had a HP laserjet at work which we replaced after running something like 1.5 million pages through.  It was still running when we replaced it too. 

I am a fan of HP printers and Dell Computers.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(01-06-2018, 01:08 PM)Cecil Wrote: I have a HP 7300 (7310) series, which I believe is about 16 years old.  The first 5 or so years, I used it a lot, sending out mailings to a few hundred people at a time.  Since then, it might get used once a month.  A companies quality may change over time, but I have been happy with the HP products.  We had a HP laserjet at work which we replaced after running something like 1.5 million pages through.  It was still running when we replaced it too. 

I am a fan of HP printers and Dell Computers.

I feel the same about HP products -except- any low price consumer goods.  I think all of the manufacturers have been racing to the bottom in regards to the low end of both price and quality.  I think if you aim higher and get a business workgroup class printer the quality is still there.
WoodNET... the new safespace