Rosewood music stand - pictoral
I decided to thin out my wood stack a bit and found four partial boards of Honduran Rosewood.    What to build?  The lad was tired of his cheap metal music stand so a nicer wooden version was the project.  I started with a picture of one I liked on the net and combined with a few basic measurements of his existing metal stand I built this.   The finish was simply wax...what a beautiful glow!

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 5.jpg]
[Image: 6.jpg]
[Image: 7.jpg]
[Image: 8.jpg]
[Image: 9.jpg]
[Image: 10.jpg]
[Image: 11.jpg]
[Image: 12.jpg]
[Image: 13.jpg]
WoodNET... the new safespace
[Image: 14.jpg]

[Image: 15f.jpg]

[Image: 16f.jpg]

enjoy!
Very nice!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
^^^ what he said. 

Very nice!
Yes
Excellent!

Cool !
Ag
Superb.

My favorite combination: functionality and beauty.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Very nice.  That should be an inspiration for some great tunes!
Oh, that's just beautiful.   But find something more fitting than those plastic knobs.  

John
(01-01-2018, 09:00 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Oh, that's just beautiful.   But find something more fitting than those plastic knobs.  

John

guilty ouch.  I did search quite long for larger brass T Nuts with no luck.  I'll consider turning something or maybe finding solid brass knobs.