Rosewood music stand - pictoral
First, that turned out beautifully.

Second. I wanted a nice knob to accent a lacing pony I made to hold leather work as I stitched it.  I couldn't find what I wanted, so I made a knob from figured maple, and inset a pair of nuts into the wood, with a washer flush mounted on the off side.  I glued them in place using the threaded rod to insure they were aligned.  I have been using the knob for months and have had no problem.  The knob gets as many compliments as the lacing pony. LOL.

Unfinished

Mounted on the project

Of course, you could make yours in any shape and of any material, including matching rosewood. 
Wink
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I like it!! 
Yes

Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(01-01-2018, 10:05 PM)Splinter Puller Wrote: guilty ouch.  I did search quite long for larger brass T Nuts with no luck.  I'll consider turning something or maybe finding solid brass knobs.

Great work, really nice, but I have to say the photos are not worthy.  What kind of camera are you using?
Nice job - has a musical "flair" to it! Agree with others that it could be enhanced with more appropriate knobs, but otherwise, well done!

Doug
(01-04-2018, 09:31 PM)Danny in Houston Wrote: Great work, really nice, but I have to say the photos are not worthy.  What kind of camera are you using?

cheap cell phone.
WoodNET... the new safespace