Simple spring clamp storage
I've found I like to have spring clamps very handy to my workbench.  Instead of fumbling in a drawer or taking up walls space storing them I've started hanging them on a ceiling hung rack over the end of my workbench.  What to use that was simple?  Masonry block wall reinforcing ladder proved to be the answer.  This is a cheap but strong ladder of steel pencil rod.  I had a section left over from a project is it worked great.  The small diameter of the rod meant that I did not have to open the clamps far to get them on and off and when they were stored the clamps were fully closed so their springs stayed fresh.    After getting a few more clamps for Christmas I needed to increase the size of the hanging rack.  I replaced my 3 foot chuck with two 4 foot chucks.  I hung it near the end of the bench and partially over my drill press so my high ceilings are not too compromised.  It's hung so there is plenty of clearance between the bottoms of the clamps and my noggin but I can still easily reach the clamps.

[Image: springclamp3.jpg]

You might find this at your home center for a few dollars a section.   Wire closet shelving would also work but you might have to remove every other bar.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I hang all my spring clamps and my c-clamps on the I-beam that spans my basement.  I will hang any clamp that will clear my head when I walk under it.  Very handy, but looks untidy.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Works for you but not for me...I have a couple hundreds of spring clamps and it will be too much work to clip them like that even if i have the ceiling space like that. It will be hard on my arms trying to open the clamps every time I take or return them. Not practical in my case.

I throw them in several different travel bags -- one for each size: S M & L/XL.

Simon
Couple hundred of those little buggers here. 12" pegs on pegboard mounted on the wall along my wall cabinets/benches.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I like this idea very much. Thanks for sharing.

Gives me some other ideas too!

With sore hands, I really like the thought of not having to open them far to remove and replace. 

Cool
We work to become, not to acquire.
(01-03-2018, 09:26 PM)Stanley McMahan Wrote: I like this idea very much. Thanks for sharing.

Gives me some other ideas too!

With sore hands, I really like the thought of not having to open them far to remove and replace. 

Cool

In my example each of the sections has two end stubs that stick out 6" or so because of where I cut them.  I gave these a slight bend upward and these you can hang items without having to open the clamps.  I use these for my wooden screw clamps.
WoodNET... the new safespace
You can fit 100 2" spring clamps in a Festool Sys 5.  My preferred method 
Big Grin
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
I've got a lot of my clamps stored on the rafters on the (very low) ceiling of one of my workspaces. It does keep them organized and out of the way.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Just curious, why would you have need for a couple hundred spring clamps?

John
(01-04-2018, 02:47 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Just curious, why would you have need for a couple hundred spring clamps?

John

When you install bendable hand railing............
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020