Jet 15" Woodworking Planer - $500 (oakland east)
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/d/j...70778.html

[Image: 01212_6Wo8QsgX9CN_1200x900.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I wonder what the brown stain is on the base casting in the second image.  Rust?  Oil leak?  Says it hasn't been used.
Bob
2nd picture - doesn't look like a stain - shows the foot peddle for raising it to move it
jerry
He’s not talking about the sheet metal base - he’s talking about the cast iron. Below the gear box.
It’s an off mark for sure. I could only presume rust.
My guess is the paint peeled ,  I had that happen to one of my jet cabinet bases like that .
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
It's normal for that planer to be leaking oil if it haven't been use in a long times. I've the same planer and I notice it leaking a little oil and I don't remember if I mess with it before .I know I haven't turn it on since I bought it two years ago .