Stanley STHT77149 auto-leveling laser
This is not exactly a typical woodworker tool, but I feel a duty to warn others to value good tools. DON'T BUY THIS.

I was given this auto-leveling laser with built in protractor as a gift.  I am thoroughly disgusted with the product and the instructions.  The mounting bracket with the push pin is a joke.  It is nearly impossible to push the pin into a wall and keep it from rotating at the same time.  The pin is so thick that a very hard push is necessary.  The magnet is not strong enough to hold the tool securely to the clip. The 4-position switch on the front is so poorly aligned with the case that only by trial and error can you figure out which switch function corresponds with the icons.  The instructions of the function of the so-called built in protractor is never explained.  There is no explanation in the instructions of how it is that that vertical and horizontal lines are projected or what the various functions of the different switch positions are for. .  On the Stanley web site I cannot even find the product when I type in the product code STHT77149.  None is found.  If I type in just 77149, different but similar products pop up.  There are no videos that demonstrate how to use the product. Just mark me as disgusted with Stanley. 

Hope this saves someone else some trouble.

vern
Thank your for the heads up!  Sounds like a string/chalk-string and bubble are more accurate. 

This is not to deride lasers. I was associated with a quarter mile long warehouse construction that was built with no greater than 1/8th inch variation in floor elevation. The floor was poured and leveled guided by laser. They did not use Stanley levels.