I have a big problem and need advise
I would try a pair of heavy duty snap ring pliers. You may have to grind the jaws down, but it might work.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(01-04-2018, 08:42 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Well at least good advise.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Several months ago I loaned my Hatatchi router which uses 1/4",3/8", and 1/2" collets.  The vet I loaned it to said he knew how and has used routers so when I go to use it today big problem.

He jammed the 3/8" collet all the way to the bottom of the shaft and put the 1/2" on top of it.  Now the 3/8" collet is partly broken off in the bottom and VERY stuck.  I tried lubes and stuff like that so how would you go about taking it out?

I thought about using my drumel with a diamond bit, but I do not want to score the inside.

Confused
Confused
Look for this kind of bolt extractor. It will go straight in. I've had a lot of success with them.     https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/..._200396167

You need to lock the spindle to get it out, use vise grips if it doesn't have a lock as part of the tool.
I had a wonderful volunteer who is paying shipping to him so he can fix it and I am most grateful.

So a Public

THANK YOU!!  
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Great news Arlin.
If you are still going to loan tools, I would ask each vet to demonstrate his ability to use the tool before they check it out.  Adjustments, setups, safety procedures... and the operation on scraps so you know.  Protects you and them.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Next to the door of my shop;

[Image: G9trFjr.jpg]

Laugh
Jim

He has used it before and like I said some of the blame is mine since I left the collet in it.

Daddo

I know how you feel but these are the vets I want to keep from suicide and I also encourage them to borrow tools or DVDs or Books so they have something to do in their off time or projects at home.

To me a tool is not worth a life and like I said before I had the same feelings they have but I got here in time and everyone encourage me and helped me with hand tools.

Hope everyone understands how I feel and it is like leaving a wounded brother in the field.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.