Getting (More) Started
(01-06-2018, 06:21 PM)CaleyAnn Wrote: Gentlemen, Thanks so much for the kind welcome, and suggestions.  I'll actually have to look at the Workmates to see if they make me want to adopt one or so.  Right now the only thing that I find useless, and probably adding cost is all the graphics on the top.  I need something that will actually hold my work firmly while I saw, rout or chisel, or whatever.  The graphics will eventually get chewed up, so why have them with the extra cost.  I also looked at the Keter and Worx tables.  I like the Worx, as it is just a basic table without frills.  It folds up very nicely.  Not sure just how robust the clamping system is.  The Keter table looks to be a little more difficult to work with, especially the setup and return to folded position.  Not sure if there are any other good tables out there.  But I will keep looking before making a decision.  CaleyAnn

There are several models of Workmate to consider. I have a few, none of which have much graphics on the top. Recognize that they they typically clamp via the split table and should have plastic bench dogs that allow them to grip almost anything. Pretty basic and well designed bench concept no matter who the manufacturer.