BLUM Tandem slides ?
I have slides "562H5330C" and I'm having a difficult time getting the Locking Mechanism #T51-170.01.04 to fully engage. I checked numerous times on the installation of all the parts and wind up with the slides fully engaging with the locking mechanisms. 2 drawer fronts are made with 1/2 BDT but 1 drawer doesn't close even. Meaning one dire of the drawer front is flush with the face frame while the other side has approx. 3/8 gap.

Anyone else experience this problem and what did you do to fix it?
Jim
(01-06-2018, 03:56 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I have slides "562H5330C" and I'm having a difficult time getting the Locking Mechanism #T51-170.01.04 to fully engage. I checked numerous times on the installation of all the parts and wind up with the slides fully engaging with the locking mechanisms. 2 drawer fronts are made with 1/2 BDT but 1 drawer doesn't close even. Meaning one dire of the drawer front is flush with the face frame while the other side has approx. 3/8 gap.

A picture would help but 3/8" is a lot out for Blums.   First thought are the the part of the slides that are mounted inside the cabinet mounted the same distance front to back inside the cabinet ? Is the left and right on the same length ?  Are they square to the face of the cabinet with drawer off of them ?  Does the drawer feel like it could be hitting something ?     I never had that issue with the slides.   Roly
(01-06-2018, 04:35 PM)Roly Wrote:  A picture would help but 3/8" is a lot out for Blums.   First thought are the the part of the slides that are mounted inside the cabinet mounted the same distance front to back inside the cabinet ? Is the left and right on the same length ?  Are they square to the face of the cabinet with drawer off of them ?  Does the drawer feel like it could be hitting something ?     I never had that issue with the slides.   Roly

Yes to of the above. I even attached the locking mechanisms to the bottom of the
drawer and laid another glide on the drawer and no real luck locking the slide to the mechanism. The distance dados  on the drawer sides, fronts & backs are exactly 1/2"
I'm certain it's something I'm screwing up, but can't run it down. I'm not exactly a rookie at cabinet making but I am with Blum glides.
Jim
how are the slides attached to the back of the cabinet? in factory built kitchen cabinets, the back of the slide is supported by a plastic bracket that allows the slide to move right to left which could compensate for an out of adjustment drawer front. just a thought.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(01-06-2018, 03:56 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I have slides "562H5330C" and I'm having a difficult time getting the Locking Mechanism #T51-170.01.04 to fully engage. I checked numerous times on the installation of all the parts and wind up with the slides fully engaging with the locking mechanisms. 2 drawer fronts are made with 1/2 BDT but 1 drawer doesn't close even. Meaning one dire of the drawer front is flush with the face frame while the other side has approx. 3/8 gap.

3/8" sounds like the point on the back of the slide isn't engaging in the hole you drilled in the back of the drawer. 

John
(01-06-2018, 08:16 PM)jteneyck Wrote: 3/8" sounds like the point on the back of the slide isn't engaging in the hole you drilled in the back of the drawer. 

John

Good call. Very likely.     Roly
(01-06-2018, 08:16 PM)jteneyck Wrote: 3/8" sounds like the point on the back of the slide isn't engaging in the hole you drilled in the back of the drawer. 

John

Huh? What Hole?
Big Grin Kidding!  I guess I'll try to enlarge the hole to make sure it seats properly. I'll report back. Thanks for the suggestions
Jim
(01-07-2018, 10:24 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Huh? What Hole?
Big Grin Kidding!  I guess I'll try to enlarge the hole to make sure it seats properly. I'll report back. Thanks for the suggestions

Did you locate the hole by measuring or by placeing the drawer box on the slide and tapping the pointed pin ?   The tapping works good if you have a few drawers.     Roly
(01-07-2018, 10:24 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Huh? What Hole?

Oh no, don't do that.  That prong is what holds the back of the drawer in place. If the hole is too large the drawer would be able to move around and the front won't stay where you want it.  You might get away with enlarging one hole, but a better solution would be to plug the hole you have if it's not in the correct position and redrill it.  

John
Make sure the metal where the clips lock into the slide isn't bent  .  This happen to me on some slides .   Also make sure your using the right locks for the slides .
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"