Woodwork Drafting Software
This is my first time back after several years off so I hope I've posted correctly.
I'm looking for flat learning curve drawing software for woodworking plans.  SketchUp is too labor intensive as is AutoCad and the like.  I used to use a program called Drawing Board LT but cannot find it any more.  Basically I only need 2 dimensional Orthographic drawing but Isometric capability would be a plus.  I've searched for this software and, as usual, got so many with so many different features that I can't tell one from the ?other anymore.  Does anybody have any suggestions?
(01-08-2018, 01:00 PM)mcg6637 Wrote: This is my first time back after several years off so I hope I've posted correctly.
I'm looking for flat learning curve drawing software for woodworking plans.  SketchUp is too labor intensive as is AutoCad and the like.  I used to use a program called Drawing Board LT but cannot find it any more.  Basically I only need 2 dimensional Orthographic drawing but Isometric capability would be a plus.  I've searched for this software and, as usual, got so many with so many different features that I can't tell one from the ?other anymore.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

You might look at Draftsight. It's nice for a 2D CAD application.

Any of them are going to have a learning curve for you to traverse. If you found SketchUp too labor intensive, I think you'll find them all too labor intensive.
Software is only labor intensive because of all the tools they add to reduce labor.

You can flatten the learning curve by only learning the features you need and ignoring the others. You tube is your friend. Lots of video tutorials. A lot of software now uses standard conventions so learn one you learn many.
I own or have used most every CAD package available. 
For strictly 2D drawings, I prefer DeltaCad. (www.dcad.com) It is very user friendly, and easy to learn. 

For software for 3D design and CAD, I really like Sketchlist. (https://sketchlist.com/) It is different because rather than drawing lines on virtual paper, you create boards then process them (rabbets, holes, cut outs, etc) just as you would in the shop. It does have a learning curve, but it is very powerful. There is a downloadable trial so you can try it out before buying.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
For ease of use I can second deltacad