Mild Bessey rant
Tongue 
I have a small number of the older (non Revo) Bessey K-body clamps.  Through shear clumsiness on my part, one of them hit the floor.  The clamp made it though fine except that the "end clip" (the little plastic doohickey that slips on the end of the bar and keeps the clamp level when sitting jaws up on a flat surface) shattered.  I went online to look for a replacement, even planning to get a few extra "just in case", and found there were none out there.  Called Bessey and was told that when the clamps were discontinued, they no longer stocked parts for them???  So apparently a $40 clamp is a throwaway item.  With the price they charge for these things, one would think they could maintain a spare parts inventory.  Yeah, I can buy and end clip for a Revo and shorten it to size on a bandsaw, but I don't think I want to give more money to a company that won't support the likely thousands of older units out there still being used.

I have also noted that the end clips on the Jorgies I own are solid metal and virtually indestructible.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
They do indeed sell replacement parts.  I'm not sure if your particular end cap is being sold, but it's worth taking a look here:

https://www.besseytools.com/en/subcatego...2000030023
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(01-09-2018, 11:16 AM)AHill Wrote: They do indeed sell replacement parts.  I'm not sure if your particular end cap is being sold, but it's worth taking a look here:

https://www.besseytools.com/en/subcatego...2000030023

Yeah, one of the first places I looked.  Nothing for older K-body clamps.
(01-09-2018, 10:16 AM)3finger Wrote: I have a small number of the older (non Revo) Bessey K-body clamps.  Through shear clumsiness on my part, one of them hit the floor.  The clamp made it though fine except that the "end clip" (the little plastic doohickey that slips on the end of the bar and keeps the clamp level when sitting jaws up on a flat surface) shattered.  I went online to look for a replacement, even planning to get a few extra "just in case", and found there were none out there.  Called Bessey and was told that when the clamps were discontinued, they no longer stocked parts for them???  So apparently a $40 clamp is a throwaway item.  With the price they charge for these things, one would think they could maintain a spare parts inventory.  Yeah, I can buy and end clip for a Revo and shorten it to size on a bandsaw, but I don't think I want to give more money to a company that won't support the likely thousands of older units out there still being used.

I have also noted that the end clips on the Jorgies I own are solid metal and virtually indestructible.

The earliest models didn't have that plastic piece. Instead there was only a couple of dimples in the bar that kept the sliding head from coming off. I had several that I wanted to shorten and called Bessey. At that time (maybe 4 years ago) they had those end clips and sold me a dozen or so. I had some of the old clamps in 24" and shorten then to 12", then drilled the hole to accept those end clips. I think the other old ones I had I also modified to use those end clips (just drilled the hole). I'm pretty sure I used all the clips I bought but when I get a chance I'll check and see if any are left.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Same thing has happened to me a few times.
Way back when... when the part was still being manufactured I ordered six so I would have some spares.
Well over time I have dropped/broken the plastic thingy a few times. I'm down to 2 spares now.
Yes it sucks that they can't manage to make the replacements as they certainly have the capability to do (did) so.
I will be really unhappy when the last of my spares are gone.

And on a side note; my newer Kbody revo do not slide nearly as smoothly and easily as my older Kbody clamps.
Those clips are worthless.....most of mine were cracked in shipping. A bolt and nut works well through the hole. If your really anal....you could make a little wood block that can be the stand off...and put that on the bolt before you put the nut on.

At the end of the day...guys that don't like their old k bodies with broken plastic thingy's...I'd be happy to take them off your hands. The old style k bodies are IMHO the best parallel clamps ever made. Why they switched to the new style....I will never understand.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I threw all of the clips in the trash when I bought the clamps. If your clamps are now junk without the piece I'll gladly pay shipping to take them from you.
To those of you who have offered to take them off my hands, I know you are motivated by good will and seek nothing more than to end my frustration.
Laugh  Just to clarify, I still like the product, despite this apparent flaw.  What bugs me is the Bessey's unapologetic short-sightedness in failing to support it.

Since I got serious about woodworking 12 years ago, I have always been impressed with the customer support of companies that serve the woodworking community;  In my opinion, far superior to to that of businesses in general.  Perhaps I have been spoiled.
Thats not half as bad as Rigid not making spare parts for a sander they are still manufacturing and selling
For The Love Of Wood
(01-10-2018, 09:06 AM)3finger Wrote: To those of you who have offered to take them off my hands, I know you are motivated by good will and seek nothing more than to end my frustration.
Laugh  Just to clarify, I still like the product, despite this apparent flaw.  What bugs me is the Bessey's unapologetic short-sightedness in failing to support it.

Since I got serious about woodworking 12 years ago, I have always been impressed with the customer support of companies that serve the woodworking community;  In my opinion, far superior to to that of businesses in general.  Perhaps I have been spoiled.

I do not find it unreasonable that Bessey does not continue to stock a part from clamps that were discontinued 10 years ago and are not essential to the operation of the clamp.

BTW, I own a lot of the old Bessies and never liked the Revos.
Joseph Connors

The new Golden Rule .....
Those with the Gold make the rules!