HVLP sprayers
Pushing your budget, but I just bought a fantastic 3 stage hvlp - mini mite 3 platinum for $624 from PaintSprayersPlus.

Nice controls and good pressure. Worth the extra money.
I've posted before about how happy I've been with my four stage Sprayfine A401. It will be outside your staged budget but not by much if you continue to consider HVLP turbine units.

Pros -- low initial cost, low cost of replacement parts & N/N sets, 4-stage performance, long hose
Cons -- designed for non-bleeder guns which means you need to be more aware of your technique when NOT spraying so as to not mess up a wet finish

And for any of the turbine units, plan to get a remote power switch. I located one on Amazon (I could probably find the link) that looks IDENTICAL to the one offered on the Fuji spray web site. But at a fraction of the cost. Designed for outdoor xmas lights, etc. Seems to handle the inductive kick load when starting the motor just fine. This way I can have the turbine unit as far away as possible and rely on the hose length. Quieter and less overspray gets sucked back through the filters.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin