Cherry Sideboard
Edited to change from Google Photos to Flikr - does this help with the photos?

After many years of putting it off, I finally gave in to my wife's demands for a sideboard for our dining room. We have an existing cherry table and chairs so the design goal was to complement this set. Fairly simple design, kind of a contemporary-craftsman style with storage cabinets on the ends and three large storage drawers. The right cabinet is going to be used as a liquor cabinet so also included a interior drawer to hold bar implements, etc. Primary construction is cherry and cherry plywood for the carcass panels. Refinished maple ply for the interior construction and poplar drawers. I use wenge as an accent wood - I like the way cherry and wenge complement each other. Used european hinges, soft close slides for the three exterior drawers and a push-to-open set for the interior drawer. This let me maximize the size of this drawer as I didn't have to include space for a pull. A few photos of construction and the finished piece. Comments and critiques as always, welcome. 

Matt

[Image: 38716455995_4cea11a56d_z.jpg]

[Image: 39583338512_a0c0491b75_z.jpg]

[Image: 38716455925_a6d8d58e49_z.jpg]

[Image: 39612791601_18c3ba606f_z.jpg]

[Image: 39583337852_099064083b_z.jpg]

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
Pics not showing...,
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Can you post the pics again?
Pictures work now.  Great job Matt!
Very nice!
Beautiful work,betcha got one very happy wife.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Very nice job Matt!  What did you use for finish?
Just gorgeous.  Nice proportions and beautifully done.  I'll bet your wife is very pleased.  

John
Well done!
Beautiful!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood